Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Amritsar Portal, Amritsar Flights, Hotels, and Directory Discussion
18. Oct 2017 at 08:09
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Problems at Amritsar Airport Bureau de Change (Read 4928 times)
Admin
YaBB Administrator

Amritsar Portal

Problems at Amritsar Airport Bureau de Change
16. Nov 2004 at 02:45

My mother recently visited Amritsar airport and had problems with the American Express Embassy when exchanging her rupees into sterling (as advised by the airport staff) when she arrived. Exchange given was over 1000 rupees less then the amount she was entitled to that day, and incorrect data was provided by the India services on the actual receipt, showing less than the even the actual amount she received.
I would like to the Airport Management to contact me  to discuss this matter further as it was a serious gross of stealing of her rupees. I am today contacting the UK American Express customer services to advise of them of the seriousness of complaint that was undertaken by the American Express Foreign Exchange Services India limited.

Submitted by Sabby Rano, UK

Admin:
Gian Dhian Kichh Karam Na Jana, Sar Na Jana Teri. Sabb Tey Vada Satgur Nanak, Jin Kai Rakhi Meri
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Admin
YaBB Administrator

Amritsar Portal

Re: Problems at Amritsar Airport Bureau de Change
Reply #1 - 16. Nov 2004 at 03:06

Hi Sabby

I am sorry to hear that your mother had problems exchanging her  currency at Amritsar Airport.

Amritsar Portal is an information only portal and are in no way affiliated with Amritsar Airport, we are actually based where you live yourself ie in the UK!

I hope that you don,t mind that I have posted your enquiry on the discussion forum as it may encourage other members who may have encountered similar problems to speak of their experiences.

Finally, you could try contacting the Airport Director at Amritsar Airport. His contact details can be found at the following link http://www.airportsindia.org.in/aai/int-air-frame.htm and click on Amritsar on the map

Divender  

« Last Edit: 09. Mar 2005 at 00:16 by Admin »  

Admin:
Gian Dhian Kichh Karam Na Jana, Sar Na Jana Teri. Sabb Tey Vada Satgur Nanak, Jin Kai Rakhi Meri
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
bsekhon
YaBB Newbies

amritsar a great
city

Re: Problems at Amritsar Airport Bureau de Change
Reply #2 - 17. Nov 2004 at 02:33

there is no standard control over the exchange of the money. The staff at amritsar air port is provided by central govt. at Delhi. (Air Port Authority of India). Most of the time correct information is not provided. However you can provide a written application to the concerned office in charge and pl do mention the name of the person who has done so.
Thanks
bsekhon

bsekhon
Guru ki nagri
Email View Profile WWW sekhonbik   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print