HELP ME FIND MY HOME (Read 2891 times)
ambarsari
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

HELP ME FIND MY HOME
12. Feb 2005 at 02:14

Email: praemee@yahoo.com

My mother tells me many things about my birthplace and grandfather's house in Amritsar. Although I have never been there and I was an infant when the family moved to Lahore, it is very nostalgic for me. I wonder at the irony of living in Lahore from where I could actually drive over in less than 2 hours.  

She tells me they used to come by train for a morning trip just to buy slippers in Anarkali! The house was so close to the railway station they would throw out their baggage near the house and send the servants to pick it up when they had walked home. It was in Sharifpura near the house of Mr Zia Mohyuddin who was a friend of my uncles' and a regular visitor to the house. The house had a plaque on it reading 'Mehboob Manzil'. I was born there.  

If anyone knows of this house I would love to be told about it as it exists today. I am planning to visit there sometime in the near future, to see my 'hometown' Amritsar, and to be among the great-hearted and jovial Sikhs, many of whom I worked with over 10 years in the UAE. I would welcome all responses. Thanks.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print