Send Topic Print
Amritsar Flights (Read 60250 times)
Sid
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Amritsar Flights
14. Jan 2004 at 22:22

Our community have had some awful experiences of flying to Amritsar with a number of airlines. Amritsar Flights do not seem to care about the service they are offering to the Punjabi community flying to Amritsar. Maybe this is because we do not complain! We would like to address this by inviting you to enter your experiences - good and bad.  

We know many of these airlines are taking an interest in www.amritsar.com so hopefully they will take note of the comments here and act accordingly.  

So please - act and do something about your complaint by entering it on this forum. Once we have enough of a list, I will send a copy of all the complaints to the relevant airline and the CAA.

Regards

Sid

« Last Edit: 30. Jan 2005 at 21:13 by Admin »  
View Profile   IP Logged
unhappy traveller

Re: Complaints about Airlines which fly to Amritsa
Reply #1 - 05. Feb 2004 at 10:44

I second that. I flew with Uzbekistan Airways recently form New York to Amritsar. I loved not having to undergo the agony of travelling from Delhi to Amritsar, my hometown. Having said that, Uzbekistan Airways' service was awful. The stop over at Tashkent was tooo long and the facilities there (bathrooms, restaurant) was a joke.

I really wish more airlines would fly from the NYC/NJ area to Amritsar. Not having to waste the time and hassles of the Delhi-Amritsar is priceless.

Email   IP Logged
Sid
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Amritsar Flights
Reply #2 - 28. Feb 2004 at 02:10

The issue with these airlines is that we dont complain and just accept the situation. I have personally spoken to Uzbekistan Airways in Uzbekistan (the London Office has no power or influence) and they really don't think they have a customer satisfaction issue and why? Because no one complains.

So the simple answer is that if we want better service, we have to complain because otherwise the airlines don't know they have a problem.

I would suggest that we collect all of them together on this forum and then send a copy to the airline and the CAA!

Just my thoughts anyway!

« Last Edit: 06. Nov 2004 at 20:21 by Admin »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Jatinder S Dhaliwal

Re: Amritsar Flights
Reply #3 - 29. Nov 2004 at 00:12

Contrary to what majority of other participants have said, Amritsar Airport offers some excellent service.  In its current operations of international flights, the airport is still new and under construction.  It is improving all the time.  I have visited this airport many times since 1996 and have seen improvements every time.  I passionately believe that jointly (we the punjabi passengers by using and Airport Authority by working on improving), we will shortly bring Amritsar Airport to leage of good international airports.
A well wisher
Jatinder  Cheesy

Email   IP Logged
Harpreet

Reply #4 - 03. Dec 2004 at 04:07

Dear friends  

I am planning to take a flight from Birmingham to asr if i get positive feedback or else i will take flight to delhi and from delhi to asr.. please suggest .... which route is best ....

Edinburgh - Frankfurt/Amsetradam- Delhi
Edinburgh - London - Delhi
Edinburgh - Birmingham - Amritsar

COuld u please tell me about stays in between and durations for flights from birmingham

Regards and thanks in advance

Harpreet.singh@ed.ac.uk

Email   IP Logged
Swaranjitkaur
YaBB Newbies

Reply #5 - 04. Dec 2004 at 06:29

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!

I heard alot of really disturbing things about the amritsar airport, but the thing is, the delhi airport is similar... they dont respect anyone there either, they have these women in the washrooms that ask for money to use the washroom, i mean wut is that? u cant charge me for using the washroom ...pluz the washrooms are so dirty like they have never been cleaned so i didnt even use them i walked in and walked rite back out, and she still was asking me for money and when i told her i didnt have any she wanted my watch and i was like forget it u have a job, dont beg for money ... ( well thats how it was when i went in 98 ).  Most of the men working there in security as well are all perverts.  Im coming to india in jan and my masi is telling me not to go to the amritsar airport because they misplaced her bags and took hours to find it.  I suggest if u are a women dont ever travel alone, that is why im bring my dad with me, to avoid harrassment. well thas jus my opinion anyways, hope no one got offended... bhul chuk maaf karo ..waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!

-- gian dhian kich karam na jana, sar na jana teri, sabh tey vada satguru nanak, jin kal rakhi meri --
Email View Profile   IP Logged
Jagz
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 07. Dec 2004 at 22:43

To respond to the gent Jatinder concerning his positive views on Amritsar airports and airlines and officials.  

As a young well balanced individual, I found the airport to be an unusual place to say the least...

Place where openly, I could bribe myself through their system, jump queues because of my money, have aunties pushed aside and shouted like they were cattle.

Now to me If anyone treated my family like that.....

However, I do understand that the development of projects such as the expansion of the airport are both costly and time consuming.  We have to remember small things take time, but I think time is definately of the essence in Amritsar.

Our community could afford to build five airports if necessary, just on voluntary donations!!

So to all those who dont know.... I dont think the officials there are not too concerned as long as their pesar is rolling in...  

Shame that money is always on the fore front of our cultural expansion. Thought the whole point was to be rich in our hearts and not concentrating on being rich in our pockets??

Now dont get me started on Uzbekistan airline services.. not proficient enough to carry dead cargo, let alone Punjabis.

Service is a joke, but we as the consumers are the biggest joke. We get ripped off and we never complain.

Congrats Sid at last.. someone whos ready to stand up on behalf of our community, and be heard!!

If I had the money, id send everyone via Emirates!!  

And I would sack all corrupt and bearded perverts at the airport immediately!!

No offence intended but..... thats disgusting.

Lets live by our gurus teachings, and not profit negatively from our circumstance.

Peace.

mani
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #7 - 08. Dec 2004 at 16:39

Complaining is easy. Doing something about it is difficult. We in BOPIO appreciate the fact that India is a poor country When ever there is a shortage there is bound bound to be a black market and the way to deal with it is to increase supply. The Indian Government has at last invited NRI and PIO to partipate in the development of India. Let us do that. Come to a meeting of BOPIO at at the House Commons on the 13 th December {see details on their Website: www.Bopionews. co.uk

Further I find rather offensive to describe people trying to make a living in difficult conditions as bearded etc.

View Profile   IP Logged
Jagz Singh

Reply #8 - 08. Dec 2004 at 20:09

In reply to Mani's comments, concerning the travel to and from Amritsar airport.

I did cleary state and intend no offence concerning people working at the airport.  If you are offended.... I deeply and sincerely apologise.

Our people in responsible positions do take their roles seriously, and are a credit to our culture.  

And some just blatantly abuse their power.

Fact is fact, whether or not u like to hear the truth.

Well id say thats a fair relfection upon todays society.  

Corruption is corruption despite what form it appears in.
These are not the teachings of our Gurus.

I will further visit the BOPIO website to get further detailsand discuss with my peers the information provided.

This is a discussion forum, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, hopefully now without any further offence.

Peace.

Email   IP Logged
Admin
YaBB Administrator

Amritsar Portal

Tara Airlines
Reply #9 - 08. Dec 2004 at 22:54

Check out Tara Airlines for developments on a direct flght from Luton to Amritsar and a copy of the prospecturs.

Website is http://www.taraairlines.net/

« Last Edit: 12. Dec 2004 at 20:50 by Admin »  

Admin:
Gian Dhian Kichh Karam Na Jana, Sar Na Jana Teri. Sabb Tey Vada Satgur Nanak, Jin Kai Rakhi Meri
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Davinder Singh

Reply #10 - 04. Jan 2005 at 23:30

Apart from Uzbekistan Airlines and Turkmenistan Airline, Air Slovakia, Midland Airlines and Flyjet fly to Amritsar from London and Birmingham.

When flights are delayed at Amritsar staff there need to update passengers, they just simply sit around being un helpful. Give them some some customer service skills that the call centres have.

Email   IP Logged
Putt Jatt da
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #11 - 06. Jan 2005 at 19:18

My sister-in-law went out via Midland Airways to ATQ in mid December 04, due to technical fault they spent a day at BHX (along with 18mth daughter) with no accomadation provided.

On her return trip similar delays and also there was no milk aboard for any travelling infants, due to tech. fault, they "hired" a smaller aircraft which in turn had to stop for fuel during a "direct flight" which took nearly 13hrs to finally arrive back at BHX - disgusting.

Me, my wife and our daughter (2) are about to make the same trip for a wedding and I'm trying to get more info from Midland Airways today regarding their services - waiting for a reply - will keep u updated

Binder

Jagtar Singh

Reply #12 - 06. Jan 2005 at 19:27

Flying to and from Delhi has been a nightmare in the last few weeks. A bit fog brings the airport to a halt, the staff there are rude and nobody gives out any information. Even the quality airlines loose their customer service in India. I would stick with Amritsar

Email   IP Logged
Admin
YaBB Administrator

Amritsar Portal

Air India now seeks Birmingham Connection
Reply #13 - 15. Jan 2005 at 05:14

Air India Now seeks Birmingham Connection

NEW DELHI: In a bid to cater to the ethnic Indian population in the UK and Canada, the Air-India Maharajah is all set to launch new flights to Birmingham and link it onward to Toronto. Birmingham will be the national carrier’s first stop in the UK outside London.  

The onward link to Toronto is aimed at the growing Indian population in Canada. Since a large chunk of the Indian population in Canada as well as London originates from northern India, the Birmingham-Toronto flight would originate from Amritsar, instead of the usual stops of Delhi or Mumbai.  

The Amritsar-Birmingham-Toronto flight would be launched from May ’05, said VK Verma, commercial director of Air-India. The new service would be operated with Boeing B777 aircraft three times a week, he added.  

Air-India is leasing three B777s which were being used by United Airlines. Efforts are on to lease a number of other aircraft, including B747-400s which would be used to expand capacity during ’05.  

Initially, A-I considered launching flights to Manchester to cater to ethnic Indian population. However, the airline has zeroed in on Birmingham in view of the changes in Indian population profile in the UK.  

There is a strong demand for Birmingham-Toronto connectivity as a sizeable population of the Indian population living in the UK and Canada have links with each other.  

Since obtaining slots at London for flights connecting onward to north America is difficult, the Maharajah has moved over to Birmingham. The costs would also be lower at Birmingham as compared to London’s Heathrow airport, it is felt.  

Air-India is also planning ‘scissors operation’ over Frankfurt to give an edge to its increasing connections to the US. According to current plans, the ‘scissors operation’ would involve convergence of the Delhi-Frankfurt-Los Angeles and Mumbai-Frankfurt-Chicago at the German city.  

The departure of these flights from Frankfurt would be tuned in such a way that both Delhi and Mumbai would get linked to Los Angeles and Chicago.  

For example, a passenger travelling on the Delhi flight destined for Los Angeles could switch over to the Chicago flight. Similarly, a passenger on the Los Angeles-Delhi connection could switch over to the Mumbai flight at Frankfurt.  

The ‘scissors operation’ over Frankfurt would give a lot of synergy to Air-India’s connections to the four cities concerned, Mr Verma said.  

The airline managed is expecting at least 20% growth in ’05 over and above the 30% achieved during ’04, he added.  

Passengers loads are good despite strong capacity addition during the current year. The Air-India fleet will have more than 40 aircraft during ’05, Mr Verma said. The airline now operates 36 aircraft out of which 18 are on lease.  

The company is also planning to acquire 50 wide-bodied aircraft and is finalising purchase of 18 B737-800s for its low-cost subsidiary, Air-India Express.  

India Times Dec 2004

Admin:
Gian Dhian Kichh Karam Na Jana, Sar Na Jana Teri. Sabb Tey Vada Satgur Nanak, Jin Kai Rakhi Meri
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Singh

Reply #14 - 17. Jan 2005 at 03:38

Dear Friends

I think it is a good move by AI to start a flight from Birmingham.

But i believe that If Punjab govt renvotaes Ludhiana it will defiantelly attract more flights since people from haryana, himachal as well as eastern parts of punjab can use the facility in addition to jammu kashmir and west punjab. I bet it can attract people from Uttaranchal and UP and even delhi too since IGI is loosing its shine.

Looking forward for british airways to start a flight to amritsar.

cheers

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print