News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Amritsar Flights (Read 81017 times)
Jasbir Singh Dhaliwal.

Re: Amritsar Flights
Reply #15 - 18. Jan 2005 at 08:56

Great news  lets hope other International airlines will follow too. Well done air India.

Email   IP Logged
Harpreet
YaBB Newbies

Guru Fateh

Reply #16 - 19. Jan 2005 at 03:45

Direct flight by AI in great but other suggestion for airport in more centralised location is wonderful and practical.

Just to add

Travelling is learning and not complaining. If you are scared of travelling better be at home. So next time u get uncomfortable flight be happy.. atleast u will learn hardship of travelling .. since u have never experianced travelling by road in remote parts of our country.

Special appreciation for Amritsar.com for this great effort. I found this site better than loads of other discussion forums like orkut( by google) etc.
Keep ur best work in god speed.  
Guru Fateh

An Indian
Email View Profile WWW georgianpreet   IP Logged
Admin
YaBB Administrator

Amritsar Portal

Reply #17 - 24. Jan 2005 at 07:53

Online booking system launched for flights from Birmingham to Amritsar on www.amritsartravel.com

« Last Edit: 25. Jan 2005 at 23:19 by Admin »  

Admin:
Gian Dhian Kichh Karam Na Jana, Sar Na Jana Teri. Sabb Tey Vada Satgur Nanak, Jin Kai Rakhi Meri
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Putt Jatt da
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #18 - 29. Jan 2005 at 02:29

Midland Airways 28/1 to ATQ and been cancelled - DUE TO BAD WEATHER - never would have guessed that - the most shitest airline going

Will keep u updated

Putt jatt da

Email View Profile   IP Logged
Admin
YaBB Administrator

Amritsar Portal

Reply #19 - 30. Jan 2005 at 00:28

Dear  Veerjee, I am sorry to hear about your experience with Midland Airways. As you may be aware, we have set up Amritsar Travel www.amritsartravel.com as an online, competitive and quality flight booking service.  However based on feedback we have received such as yours, we decided not to include Midland Airways in our Travel Portal.

We hope you manage to get to your family wedding on time although you are hopefully airborne by now!

Admin:
Gian Dhian Kichh Karam Na Jana, Sar Na Jana Teri. Sabb Tey Vada Satgur Nanak, Jin Kai Rakhi Meri
jason
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #20 - 03. Feb 2005 at 20:33

I flew with singapore air this jan. had no probs going and coming. Except when coming... the people that  move the luggage want money from everyone. I didn't even ask them to move  my luggage and they asked for tips of nothing less than 200 rup. My wife flew this week and same thing. Someone needs to STOP that. at the airport.

View Profile   IP Logged
musafir
YaBB Newbies

AI from Delhi to Birmingham via AMRITSAR
Reply #21 - 16. Feb 2005 at 01:56

I've just checked out Air India's new flights to Canada and Birmingham from Amritsar and they are on a thrice-weekly flight basis on wednesday, friday and sunday.  
These new flights start on the 15 May 2005.

Only check weekly timetable AFTER 15 MAY 2005 only Amritsar Delhi/Delhi Amritsar legs only.

www.airindia.com

« Last Edit: 16. Feb 2005 at 06:41 by musafir »  
View Profile   IP Logged
musafir
YaBB Newbies

Amritsar flights 2005
Reply #22 - 16. Feb 2005 at 01:57

A good start for AI, MAS to fly to Amritsar, a better connectivity to the world, keep it up!

View Profile   IP Logged
Admin
YaBB Administrator

Amritsar Portal

Yet more flights to Amritsar planned!
Reply #23 - 18. Feb 2005 at 06:40

British Airways may have flights to Amritsar

Britain will try to explore the possibility of bringing Amritsar on the air service of British Airways,” says Mr Surinder Singla, Finance and Planning Minister of Punjab after his 45-minute meeting with the Foreign Secretary of Britain, Mr Jack Straw, here this morning.

“We discussed various things, including possibility of British investment in Punjab. Mr Straw promised to send a food processing company team to Punjab. He also agreed to consider sympathetically starting of a few more visa application collection centres in Punjab, especially in the Malwa belt (Bathinda),” said Mr Singla.

Mr Singla maintained that Mr Straw was also open to outsourcing by British companies in Punjab because of the strong links the two communities had because of the strong presence of Punjabi community in Britain.

Later, when Mr Straw met Mr Parminder Singh, General Secretary, Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee, he enquired about the Ajnala byelection. “He asked me about the chances of Congress in the election, I told him that the Congress will win hands down,” said Mr Parminder Singh.

Tribune India
17th February 2005

Admin:
musafir
YaBB Newbies

BA to Amritsar
Reply #24 - 19. Feb 2005 at 01:34

I think this will be a good connectivity to Heathrow airport, apart from Birmingham and Gatwick airports. As Southall near Heathrow airport has a high punjabi presence in the UK.

View Profile   IP Logged
Jasbir_Singh_Dhali
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #25 - 19. Feb 2005 at 05:46

It will be a dream come true for the NRIs of the punjab, in England,USA and Canada if British airways starts a direct flight between "Heathrow" and Amritsar.
Especially as BA has regular connections to these countries from "Heathrow". As the old saying goes , many targets with one arrow and judging from the "Delhi" BA flights (about 75%) pessengers are NRIs"punjabis".

Lets just hope the staff at Amritsar will have respect to the people that will travel there as they  will be bringing in a much needed "Revnue" to the state of Punjab.

View Profile   IP Logged
musafir
YaBB Newbies

AIR INDIA
Reply #26 - 20. Feb 2005 at 07:51

Air India to launch 3 weekly flights from
Amritsar to UK, Canada in May  

Amritsar, February 19
The large NRI population in the state will have the privilege to take direct flights from UK and Canada to the heartland of Punjab. The national carrier Air India has announced three weekly direct flights connecting New Delhi, Amritsar, Birmingham and Toronto starting from May 15 this year.  

The chairman of the National Commission of Minorities, Rajya Sabha member and member Parliamentary Committee on Civil Aviation, Mr Tarlochan Singh, today in an exclusive talk on telephone from New Delhi said the meeting of the committee held at Mumbai yesterday had given go ahead to operate the much awaited Air India flight for the benefit of the large chunk of Punjabi NRIs who hail from the Doaba belt of Punjab.  

Mr Tarlochan Singh said on his personal appeal the Union Minister for Civil Aviation, Mr Praful Patel, had agreed to constitute a parliamentary sub-committee to monitor the progress of Amritsar airport. He said the sub-committee would visit Amritsar in March to take stock of the situation.  

Mr Tarlochan Singh said he had been lobbying for starting the Air India flight from Amritsar International Airport as there were more than 50-weekly flights being operated by Singapore Airlines, Indian Airlines besides the non-scheduled airline flights belonging to CIS countries, including Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Air Slovak and some tourist charter operators connecting various destinations throughout the world. He added that with the introduction of Air India, the NRI and local passengers would be greatly benefited as it would provide direct link to the UK and Canada besides offering great export potential by utilising weekly cargo space available on these aircraft.  

Besides Air India, the other airlines, including Malaysian Air Service, Air Phuket (Thai Airways), Korean Airways and more domestic airlines are also likely to start their operations from this airport by the middle of this year. The Director Airport Mr V.S. Mulekar, said by the end of this year more than 80 flights would be operating from this airport with more than three lakh passengers using the Rajasansi Airport during this year.  

Meanwhile, the passengers who had to waitterminal building the expansion plan of which had been delayed for a considerable period of time was expected to become operational by July this year and this would ease the pressure on the existing non-descript facilities which have earned the ire of a large number of  for two to three hours to pick up their baggage.

www.tribuneindia.com

« Last Edit: 30. Mar 2005 at 01:42 by musafir »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Amandeep Heer

Reply #27 - 02. Mar 2005 at 21:07

i have read a lot of people's points of view about Amritsar Airport, but i seem to think it is not the airport but the flights that are at fault........i have gone to drop- off my Granny just few weeks ago only to find out there are more than 30 people who have tickets and waiting to board the flight....but can't because the agents have overbooked......how is that possible??????? i ask myself in this day and age of computers..........in the past four weeks i have not heard about a single flight going on time........
Coming back is a nightmare!!!!!!!!!!! My auntie had waited at the airport for more than 6 hours only to find out the plane (MIDLAND AIRWAYS) was delayed for 24 hours, the second day she got there again there was no plane......she was left stranded......now she is having to make her way to Delhi and travelling by Virgin Airways, paid for a one way ticket to arrive back to UK.
I think the company shoud be sued as my auntie could loose her job because of the delay.........and the worst thing is that it is not just my auntie who had this experience more than 300 passengers were left stranded just on Saturday and this is only 1 case that i have written about....................every week this happens and will keep happening if we do not complain.

Email   IP Logged
Admin
YaBB Administrator

Amritsar Portal

AIR INDIA LAUNCH SERVICES FROM BIRMINGHAM
Reply #28 - 07. Mar 2005 at 18:30

Birmingham International Airport (BIA) welcomed news that India’s flagship carrier, Air India, will launch direct scheduled services between Birmingham, India and Canada from Sunday 15th May 2005. Birmingham will be the airline’s only UK base outside London. The service, which originates in Delhi, will provide the only direct scheduled service between Amritsar, Birmingham and Toronto.  

The flight schedule will be as follows: • Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays - Arrive into Birmingham from Delhi & Amritsar at 17:15. Depart from Birmingham for Toronto at 18:45 • Thursdays, Saturdays and Mondays – Arrive into Birmingham from Toronto at 11:10. Depart Birmingham for Amritsar & Delhi at 12:30.  

Peter Vella, BIA’s Business Development Director, said: “This is great news for BIA and the whole region. This will be our 12th long haul scheduled destination and will open up a whole new range of opportunities for people wanting to reach Canada, India and beyond from the Midlands.  

“Although the range of services and destinations from Birmingham are growing annually, we still only handle around 50% of the potential regional market. It is therefore excellent news that Air India has chosen to set up its second UK base in Birmingham, a development which has the potential demand for further growth in the future.”  

Captain A.K Sharma, Regional Director UK & Europe for Air India commented, “We are thrilled to have this opportunity to serve three major demand centres and connect people throughout India with the UK and Canada. We believe there is a large market for these routes, particularly from those wanting to easily reach friends and relatives in India and Canada from the Midlands, and we also expect the business and leisure traveller in all three centres to benefit from our operation. We very much look forward to working with Birmingham Airport, and I’m sure this will be the start of a very successful partnership.”  

The airline will operate a Boeing 777-200 aircraft on the Birmingham route, which holds 284 passengers in a mixed configuration. Fares start from £299 to India and £110 to Toronto plus taxes.  

Admin:
vin xxx

Reply #29 - 09. Mar 2005 at 01:45

i booked 8 business class seats on Midland Airways and travelled on 11/02/05, the flight was supposed to leave at 11pm from Birmingham but didn't leave until 3am, this isn't is a problem at Birmingham Airport because the facility are very good and food/drink are available, the ser4vice on the flight was awful for business class i would hate to see how economy were treated but we had to forever call the the flight attendants who seemed to go and hide in the back somewhere, the worst part of our holiday was the return journey, we were supposed to fly back on 27/02/05 at 11am but we called the office in Jalandhar on the Saturday 26/02/05 and were told the flight was cancelled and would now go Monday 28/02/05 at 8.30pm, we got to the airport at 5.30pm on Monday and were told the plane hadn't arrived yet but they would start check-in at 8.00pm, while standing in the que outside and talking to a few people i realised that there were passengers here from a flight that had been cancelled on Saturday 26/02/05, looking at the size of the que it didn't take long to work out that there were 2 flights worth of passengers  and only 1 plane coming to pick up, the check in finally opened at 12 midnight and as usual there was a mad panick all the way to the checkin desk, when i got closer to the checkin desk i heard on of the staff say they were running out of seats and so i got to the front and asked if were on the manifesto list and were told we were but still not happy with that i spoke to the Midland Airways rep(Gurminder) and made a bit of a fuss, he explained that because i had business class i would get on the plane but the rest of the approx 100 people in the check in are would not and he also said that this plane had no business class and there would be no seat allocation and that i would have to make a complaint back in the UK, when the check in staff started taking our luggage the rest of the passenger in the checkin lounge started to shout and it finally ended in a fight between with a few male passngers being thrown out of the airport by this time i wanted to get my family away from there and rushed over to imigration, in the departure lounge we were told plane would arrive at 2am but when 2am came we were told it would arrive at 4am and then at 6am and then at 7am, the plane finally arrived at 7.45am and bording started  at 8.30am, becaust there was no seat allocation people were afraid thta too many boarding card may have been issued and there may still be no guarantee of a seat and so everybody started pushing and shoving and the children started crying, the plane finally left at 11.00am and we were told that we would be refueling in Jordan, when the drinks came round we were told that Midland airways hadn't provided any alcohol and only soft drinks would be served, since i've landed back i've been trying to call Midland Airways and nobody picks the phone up and when i ask my agent he says that he canoot get a decent answer either regarding my compaints. I think Birmingham Airport should ban this flight ASAP

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print