News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Amritsar Flights (Read 81016 times)
Singh

Re: Amritsar Flights
Reply #30 - 10. Mar 2005 at 21:52

Why dont people stop flying in cheaper airlines and stop complaining about them. Either be ready to pay extra £100 or be ready to spend nights in airports.

cheers

Email   IP Logged
Kang

Reply #31 - 11. Mar 2005 at 00:12

lips sealed
What the hell do you about the situation??  The airline is NOT cheaper than other airlines that are reliable, and the choice of airlines when flying from Birmingham to Amritsar is not huge.  People bought tickets with midland airways in good faith and expected, and deserve a decent service.  And even if you do pay a little bit less?  does that mean you deserve to spend days waiting in airports???
Keep your uninformed opinions to yourself.

Email   IP Logged
musafir
YaBB Newbies

IA Amritsar to Birmingham
Reply #32 - 22. Mar 2005 at 23:28

IA seeks Amritsar-UK route  
Tribune News Service  

New Delhi, March 18
Having been asked to cool their heels when the Ministry of Civil Aviation was doling out slots to the United Kingdom to private airlines, the public sector Indian Airlines has now sought seven slots a week to fly to Birmingham and Manchester with one possible slot from Amritsar.  

While Minister for Civil Aviation Praful Patel informed Parliament earlier in the week that the Indian Airlines might be given seven slots to the UK by winter, officials at the airlines said they were seeking slots specially to Birmingham and Manchester with one specific flight between Amritsar and Birmingham. The Indian Airlines is looking at operating four flights per week to Birmingham and three flights per week to Manchester.

Officials at the airlines were still not sure when the final allotment would be made but were hopeful that the Amritsar-Birmingham flight which is at present with Air-India would come to it. They said that two public sector airlines’ still have to get together to work out the details for the flights which the Indian Airlines may get.

However, they were optimistic that the airline would be able to get the Amritsar-Birmingham sector flight and felt that any slot at London Heathrow would be the icing on the cake.

Incidentally, the go-ahead for the Indian Airlines would come six months after the private airlines -- Jet Airways and Air Sahara -- start flying to UK cities. Of the two private airlines, Jet airways had found more favour with the Civil Aviation Ministry which allotted it with seven flights per straight to London Heathrow.

View Profile   IP Logged
musafir
YaBB Newbies

Thai Air to Amritsar
Reply #33 - 24. Mar 2005 at 21:58

Amritsar on Thai Airways map  

New Delhi, March 17
Amritsar could soon be on the map of destinations of the Thai Airways International, as the airline looks to expand its operations in India in the coming year while also attempting to further improve its services to its customers. The Thai Airways General Manager, India and Bhutan, Mr Sudhagun Divaveja, talking to TNS on the sidelines of a media conference said that the airline was looking at starting a service from Amritsar in the near future. The service from Amritsar would be part of the Thai Airways’ attempt to reach other Indian cities which would also include Hyderbad and Ahmedabad.  

Mr Divaveja said though the airline, which is considered amongst the best around the world, would be looking at adding Ahmedabad as the first new destination from India but Amritsar could happen by the turn of the year.  

This would also depend on the availability of the new aircraft with the airline.  

Thai Airways, which announced the launch of its Royal Orchid Holidays, a complete package tour for the travellers from India to Thailand and even beyond, is looking at starting at least three flights a week from Amritsar and the other two destinations. It is also looking at providing the Indian passengers with the comfort of ‘First Class’ travel on Thai Airways by the end of the year by introducing the Boeing 777-300 aircraft on the India-Thailand sector.  

Thai Airways at present operates 28 flights per week from India covering Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore and Kolkata.

Launching the Royal Orchid Holidays, Mr Divaveja said although these holiday packages have been in existence for long they were now being introduced for the Indian travellers also. This, more importantly as, the Indian tourists have turned out to be the highest spenders in Thailand.  

It offers as many as 513 main tour plans, 71 stop over packages and 265 optional tours covering more than 116 destinations in 32 countries. He agreed that the packages offered by the Thai Airways could be little on the higher side than those being offered by some of the other airlines to Thailand itself, but he said that these packages would provide Indian travellers with more choice and a greater peace of mind.  

View Profile   IP Logged
musafir
YaBB Newbies

Indian passports
Reply #34 - 24. Mar 2005 at 22:02

Can Indian passport holders can use charter flights like Royal Atlantic, which runs on Saturdays from Gatwick/Birmingham to Amritsar and return on Sundays?

Please let me know.

View Profile   IP Logged
ARORA

Reply #35 - 30. Mar 2005 at 21:32

dear friend
under new indian govt. rules passed last year any indian citizen can board the charter flight.For further information please check http://forum.flightmapping.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=296&PN=1

Email   IP Logged
musafir
YaBB Newbies

Reply #36 - 05. Apr 2005 at 19:09

Its great news to hear that Virgin Atlantic will hopefully fly to Amritsar very soon, after the launch of daily flights to New Delhi and thrice-weekly flights to Mumbai.

View Profile   IP Logged
musafir
YaBB Newbies

New Amritsar Flights 2005
Reply #37 - 05. Apr 2005 at 19:14

I thought that Thair Air, Malaysia Airlines and British Airways were going to start their flights from/to Amritsar this year, what happened? Will they launch anytime in this year? Please let me know asap.

View Profile   IP Logged
musafir
YaBB Newbies

Gulf Air
Reply #38 - 16. Apr 2005 at 18:22

Gulf Air to add 4 more destinations in India  

NEW DELHI: Leading West Asian carrier Gulf Air, which operates 57 flights a week from India, plans to add four more Indian destinations to its route network, which would take the total number of cities it operates from to eleven.  

"We already operate to seven Indian cities and are keen on expanding our operations to four more - Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Calicut and Amritsar," its President and CEO, Mr James Hogan said here.  

The UAE airline, owned by the Kingdom of Bahrain, has been serving India since 1979 and flies to Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Thiruvananthapuram, Chennai, Kochi and Bangalore.  

Besides the bilateral dialogue between the two governments on further enhancing the air traffic rights, "we are taking advantage of the 'open sky' policy announced by India'', Mr Hogan said.  

Observing that the traffic between India and the UAE was growing at a fast pace like in the other regions, he said, "far from slowing up, the pace of change at Gulf Air is increasing."  

As its services to India were slated to further increase, more Indian crew were being employed and the product, including vegetarian food, in-flight entertainment and sleeper seats, were being deployed on these routes, the airline CEO said. - PTI  

View Profile   IP Logged
bhavana parikh

Reply #39 - 02. May 2005 at 21:02

if any flight from mumbai to amritsar

Email   IP Logged
annoyed
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Midland Airways
Reply #40 - 03. May 2005 at 04:05

My family and I have had so many problems on Midland Airways.  It was the worst flight experience of my life and it seems that there’s lots more people like us out there with the same experiences.  
I’ve been speaking to my travel agent about what we could do about this problem and he tells me that all tickets sold for Midland Airways flights were protected by ATOL number 4420 which belongs to a company called PAYLESS TRAVEL LTD.  Payless Travel’s address is 60 Tottenham Court Road, London, W1T 2EW.  This is the same as Midland Airways’s London address and I’m guessing that the companies must be related or that one must be the sister company of the other.  Payless Travel has a website at www.paylesstravel.co.uk and its contact details are
Tel:       0870 747 9012 / 0207 436 5319 / 0207 436 9009
Fax:      0870 747 9013 / 0207 436 9010
Email:   info@paylesstravel.co.uk
My agent seemed sure that this ATOL protection was in place and said that he wouldn’t have even considered selling Midland Airways tickets without it. Apparently, all charter flights must be protected by ATOL and Midland Airways gave the Civil Aviation Authority a bond so that it’s passengers would be protected.  He said that the CAA knows that Midland Airways flights were protected by Payless Travel’s ATOL number.  He also said that all travel agents he knew selling Midland Airways tickets know about this ATOL protection and only sold tickets because this ATOL protection was in place.   It’s Payless Travel we should be contacting to get our refunds and our compensation.
I hope that is of help.  Good luck to you all and let’s hope that there’ll be some good news for us.

View Profile   IP Logged
musafir
YaBB Newbies

Reply #41 - 24. May 2005 at 23:29

There are NO direct flights from Amritsar to Mumbai, as the alternative is to change at Delhi, if you are flying through Indian Airlines, Air Deccan or Indian Airlines from Amritsar to Delhi. However, you need to go through the transit at Delhi, if you want a direct flight to Mumbai. Another alternative is, if you live near Chandigarh, there is a daily DIRECT to Mumbai, stopping at Delhi.

View Profile   IP Logged
bjs

Reply #42 - 07. Jun 2005 at 06:43

Guys I have taveled to Amritsar from Heatrow.I did the travel by the same Airline to Delhi  over 7 years ago.
The problem is Language. Everyone thinks the universal language is English..... BUT its not.

Most of time there are comunication problems with Staff and passanges thus makeing the flight uncomfortable.
As for the staff at the Airport, that has nothing to do with the Airline.I have been to India about 10 times and by many different Airlines. Once you get at the other end its always the same. You have to be one step ahed of the game.I have only been caught ot once and that was enough.

If we really feel this bad about the service we should start a petition and send it to the Indian High Commiion in Uk for a responce. Personally I have no problem traveling with Uzbekastan Airlines

Email   IP Logged
musafir
YaBB Newbies

Turkmenistan Airlines ATQ to BHX
Reply #43 - 06. Jul 2005 at 19:24

I've recently returned back to the Uk, from a 7/8 week holiday in India. I had some problems with the deapture staff in amritsar airport, where I have some difficulty walking and moving, so I wanted to book a wheelchair and the oficials said that I have to pay Rs.1500/-. This is OUT OF CONTROL, When I departed from Birmingham airport, I showed the officials the proof of my disability that I can't walk and I need a wheelchair so they accepted it for free. Right in Amritsar they don't understand it, I had to pay Rs.1500/- for my wheelchair and an extra fee for excess baggage weight. I was so harrased by these people, when I went for passport checking, where a woman took my ticket and passport away and nobody to help me. I felt very upset as no family member could not come inside the terminal building to help me, because he/she is a resident of India. I finally got my passport/ticket back when everyone boarded the plane. Again when my hand luggage was hand-checked, they took out some batteries and kept them here. When leaving the terminal building, I had to walk a very, very long way to the aircraft, no buses or anything. Getting up the starirs was a difficulty for me, as it would be better if there was a air bridge and I can go through it in no time.
Inside the aircraft, I had some problems with my seat, as it was very cramped. I wanted to sit in seat 13D, but someone already sat in 13D and told me to sit in 13E, where If I wanted to go to the toilet or stretch my legs, it would be very hard to get up.
The meals were OK, no problems. Hence, flight from Ashgabat to Birmingham was no problems.

Otherwise this airline was not bad so far, except that we need more Indian entertainment like Indian movies/music, not only on London/Birmingham-Ashgabat sectors but in Delhi/Amritsar-Ashgabat sectors also. Cabin crew need to brush up with their English speaking and understand every need of passengers.

If you want to write your own comments and suggestions about Amritsar airport or Turkmenistan Airlines then please do so.

View Profile   IP Logged
musafir
YaBB Newbies

Flight AI-187 20/07/05
Reply #44 - 21. Jul 2005 at 23:41

250 passengers escape Air India plane fire

Press Trust of India
Posted online: Thursday, July 21, 2005 at 0952 hours IST
Updated: Thursday, July 21, 2005 at 1522 hours IST

Amritsar, July 20: Nearly 250 passengers, onboard an Air India flight to Canada from new Delhi via Amritsar, had a narrow escape today when one of its wheels caught fire immediately after the plane landed at International Rajasansi Airport here.  

Airport Director V S Mulekar confirmed the incident but refused to give details saying that all passengers were safe.  

Giving details of the incident, airport sources said as soon as the Air India Delhi-Amritsar-Canada flight 187 landed at Rajasansi International Airport here, one of its wheels caught fire.  

Fire tenders were pressed into service and the blaze was controlled within no time. No passengers were hurt in the incident, they said.  

The passengers will now travel to Canada by another flight past midnight, they said.  

The plane was sent to Mumbai for repair.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print