Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Amritsar Flights (Read 80254 times)
musafir
YaBB Newbies

Re: Amritsar Flights
Reply #45 - 21. Sep 2005 at 23:05

Flyjet flights to Amritsar 16/09/05    
Flyjet are now planning to re-start weekly flights to Amritsar starting on Saturday 5th November and plans to operate right through to March 2006. Flight schedules are posted below and flights are expected to be operated by their new 767-200.  

Flight schedules:
FJE410/410 Arr 17:55 - Dep 18:55 - Sat (from Gatwick - to Amritsar/Baku)
FJE411/411 Arr 17:10 - Dep 18:10 - Sun (from Amritsar/Baku - to Gatwick)  

View Profile   IP Logged
musafir
YaBB Newbies

Reply #46 - 21. Sep 2005 at 23:08

Italian airliners keen to fly to more Indian cities  

Wednesday, 21 September , 2005, 08:57  

New Delhi: The private sector and state-owned airlines from Italy are keen to operate to more Indian cities, including Chennai and Bangalore, the Italian Director General of Civil Aviation, Silvano Manera, has said.  Today in Sify Finance  

"We will make a request to the Indian authorities to allow Italian airlines to operate to Chennai, Bangalore and Kolkata. Besides, the private sector airline, Euroflight is keen to enter into an agreement with Air India to operate on the Rome-Delhi route.  

Similarly, the state-owned Alitalia is keen to operate on this route and is also examining the option of flying to Amritsar," Manera told Business Line on the sidelines of a conference organised by the Confederation of Indian Industry. At present, no airline from India operates to Italy while Alitalia operates direct flights between Italy and India. However, at least one more private sector airline - Blue Panorama apart from Euroflight and one cargo airliner - Ocean were keen to operate to India, Manera said.  

Manera will not only be meeting the Minister for Civil Aviation, Praful Patel, and Chairman, Airports Authority of India, K. Ramalingam, but also attempt to impress on the Indian authorities the need to schedule the air services bilateral talks between India and Italy at the earliest.  

Earlier this year, India and the UK agreed to a bilateral air services agreement that allows the airlines from the UK to operate as many flights as they want to any Indian airport except for Delhi and Mumbai where the increase will be gradual. However, operations of airlines  

View Profile   IP Logged
Palvinder Bassi

Reply #47 - 27. Sep 2005 at 21:50

Dear travellers, I was hoping to fly direct or via Dubai to Amritsar in Feb 06. However after hearing your comments on how elderly and disabled people are treated let alone all the requests for tips and removal of items from luggage I'm not so sure I should bother.

Yes I'm willing to pay more for a ticket if it ensures a comfortable journy for my mother and little nieces, no I don't mind an hour or two in delays, and no I don't mind giving tips...as long as it's my choice to give them...ie for good service!!

But lost lauggage is a problem as is being harrassed, pushed and shouted at all of which no passanger should have to or be willing to endure! (I'm certainly not willing to put my mother throught it) Having travelled to Delhi 7 years ago with a large group we had no problems whatsoever, and yes I gave tips although your not allowed to as the porters were very helful, with lauggae and the wheelchair......I really feel for the guy who had mobility problems and had to pay for a wheelchair!  

If Amritsar Airport needs any tips in efficency maybe they should visit Dabolim Airport in Goa.....there are non of these issues!

Like many of you, I look forward to the likes of Virgin, BA and Emirates in particular flying direct from Brum to Amritsar in the near future. undecided

Email   IP Logged
Gurpreet Singh

Reply #48 - 29. Sep 2005 at 19:45

Why not try Indian Airlines to Sharjah.

It leaves Delhi at 1700 and arrives at Amritsar 1755 and departs to Sharja at 1845 on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.

Sharjah is not very far from Dubai, you can catch a taxi, train or bus from Sharjah Airport to Dubai.

Hope this helps you.

Email   IP Logged
Gurpreet Singh

Reply #49 - 29. Sep 2005 at 19:46

1 thing I forgot to mention, The Amritsar Dubai Air-India Express flight will start somewhere in next year, where there will b enough aircraft to ease.

Email   IP Logged
musafir
YaBB Newbies

Reply #50 - 11. Oct 2005 at 00:26

MAS To Add Three More Flights A Week To Delhi

NEW DELHI, Sept 26 (Bernama) -- Malaysian Airline has put off its plans to add Kochi and Amritsar as new destinations to India, but "will be adding three flights a week to Delhi from October this year."

"We are revisiting our business model in India based on our current aviation economic situation and the company will decide on our next move to new destinations at a later stage, the airline's regional manager, South Asia, Christopher Yek, has been quoted in a media report as saying.

With the introduction of three more weekly flights from New Delhi, "This airline will offer the customer a daily service from not only Chennai and Mumbai, but from Delhi too," he said.

The airline also offers regular flights to Bangalore, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad and Kolkata.

Sad

View Profile   IP Logged
BSGill
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #51 - 02. Nov 2005 at 01:07

Hi...

I flew with Air India many years ago and found them to be substandard compared to the likes of BA, KLM and other "western" airlines.  

Have they changed much? Do the air-stewardes/ess treat the indians aswell as the non-asians nowadays?  

My father would like be to book him on a flight from Birmingham-Amritsar, the Uzbekh/Turkmen flights he is happy with, but for a little extra he can actually go direct without having to stop.  

I was wondering if anyone had gone recently on Air India using this route and is it worth spending that little extra to go direct?

All comments would be greatly appreciated,

Many thanks,

BSG.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print