Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Amritsar Portal, Amritsar Flights, Hotels, and Directory Discussion
24. Jul 2017 at 07:29
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Reply Send Topic Print
Could I have been born in India in a previous life (Read 4656 times)
Mandy Nicholls

Could I have been born in India in a previous life
02. Aug 2005 at 23:38

Hi All
Since the first time I stepped onto Indian soil I have felt like I belonged.  It is this feeling that has made me return 3 times (I am due to return for a 4th time on Sunday 7th 2005).

Is it possible that I do have some spiritual connection with India?  I have been told that my grandparents descended from Romany gypsies, whom I have since discovered actually originated from India - does anyone know where? I would love to research this topic as the feeling of connection is so strong.

I was actually born in Eton, near Windsor (Berkshire) in England.

Kind regards

Mandy Nicholls (nee Underwood)

Email   IP Logged
jaschaggar(Guest)

Re: Could I have been born in India in a previous
Reply #1 - 26. Dec 2005 at 16:45

Hi Mandy

A few years back I attended a regression workshop, where people were regressed into their past lives, maybe you should give it a go.

Jas

Quote from Mandy Nicholls on 02. Aug 2005 at 23:38:
Hi All
Since the first time I stepped onto Indian soil I have felt like I belonged.  It is this feeling that has made me return 3 times (I am due to return for a 4th time on Sunday 7th 2005).

Is it possible that I do have some spiritual connection with India?  I have been told that my grandparents descended from Romany gypsies, whom I have since discovered actually originated from India - does anyone know where? I would love to research this topic as the feeling of connection is so strong.

I was actually born in Eton, near Windsor (Berkshire) in England.

Kind regards

Mandy Nicholls (nee Underwood)

Email   IP Logged
barret
YaBB Newbies

I love being a
member of Amritsar
Portal!

Re: Could I have been born in India in a previous
Reply #2 - 04. Jan 2006 at 21:51

Hi Mandy,

It is very common to fall for a new country; especially  India as it is is full of many people with dignity, friendliness and self respect even in extreme poverty. But equally, it has its share of elitist money grabbing control freaks who ensure the poor stay poor, "because the poor were born to be poor".  In some ways, India is similar to how the UK was until the late 1940s', with no welfare state, workhouses; and a massive rich poor divide. When people still relied on each for support, and decent jobs, educational opportunities etc were still a thing of the future.  Dickens and Hardy captured this every well.

The Romany Gypsies did originate in Northern India and left india in phases, mostly in response to new waves of marauding invaders who inevitably marginalised existing populations, very much in the manner of the Anglo saxons, Danes etc arriving in England etc and marginalising the existing celtic populations. Without leaving, the choice for many of these people were to become the untouchables, forcibly kept in their place by the priest and warrior castes. The Romany's indian-ness (ie dark skinned) is more evident in places like Czechland where they continue to be marginalised and victims of racist violence, but in west European countries like the UK, through generations of mixing, they are largely "white" in appearance. However, the Romany language spoken in UK (alas very rarely) and elsewhere reveals traces of Indian words and language.

But many of the tribes who expanded into nothern India also expanded into Europe from central Asia.

In effect there is a common Indo-European gene pool which cuts across religion, colour, nationality etc. Better to build on this commonality. One way is to help develop initiatives which help poor people in India to get the knowledge and skills to improve themselves. I hope you are interested in this.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Reply Send Topic Print