yes
no
little bit
very highly
can't say

« Created by: toughguy on: 22. Nov 2005 at 09:09 »

Pages: 1 
Reply Send Topic Print
Re: Photos/pics of Amritsar airport (Read 31428 times)
Jackie Shroff

Re: Photos/pics of Amritsar airport
22. Sep 2005 at 09:21

R u crazzzy the guards there on power trips will probably charge you $300 for the pics. Amritsar airport sole purpose is to rob you of all ur money before u leave it.

Email   IP Logged
Admin
YaBB Administrator

Amritsar Portal

Reply #1 - 22. Sep 2005 at 23:54

Dear Musafir, for the benefit of all other members, please be kind enough to post the pictures again. We all value your contribution.

Thank you

Admin

Admin:
Gian Dhian Kichh Karam Na Jana, Sar Na Jana Teri. Sabb Tey Vada Satgur Nanak, Jin Kai Rakhi Meri
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
musafir
YaBB Newbies

Reply #2 - 23. Sep 2005 at 00:32

Very well, then here goes-

http://www.airteamimages.com/display.php?phtID=1533

http://community.webshots.com/photo/85524903/85524903DUiywo

Remember, these are the only ones that I managed to find, but there are some if you go to tribuneindia or search on google.com and type in "amritsar airport" or "rajasansi"

View Profile   IP Logged
musafir
YaBB Newbies

Reply #3 - 14. Oct 2005 at 00:21

Will some1 tell me is photography in any airport in India (e.g Amritsar, Bangalore, Ahmedabad) is allowed? If not please tell me why? Will I explain to the Airport officals/CISF staff for the reason to take photography of the outside terminal building?

I know that some people have took someos of Indian airports/aircrafts and then publish them on MyAviation or Airliners.net

Please let me know ASAP, please

View Profile   IP Logged
Jackie Shroff

Reply #4 - 19. Oct 2005 at 10:58

lol MUSafir u always want to things ASAP hey  Grin

dUDE, WHEN you get there, jus chori chori take some pictures man....wat do you want to set up a tripod and stuff?!  Jus take a few snaps, if they say something put it away.  

- they'll probably charge you duty on the camera though  Grin

Email   IP Logged
Gurpreet Singh

Reply #5 - 21. Oct 2005 at 00:11

I don't think its a good idea to get a tripod and a camera and start taking pics of the airport. Better use mobile camera and start taking pics(without anyone looiking at you, prefeably when its dark)  

If I need to design a website for the airport, some kind of private study/project for my own use or put some pics of the airport on some discussion forum, do I still need permission from officials, like proof? If yes, then how much will they charge you?

Please let me know ASAP, please and answer my question carefully.

Email   IP Logged
musafir
YaBB Newbies

Reply #6 - 16. Nov 2005 at 15:59

I've managed to find a picture of the new terminal somewhere on the web.

The website is http://www.undergroundscene.co.uk/photopost/data/510/amritsar_airport.jpg[/img]

View Profile   IP Logged
gillsing(Guest)

Reply #7 - 18. Nov 2005 at 03:04

Please do not misled people that picture which you have posted is not of Amritsar Airport. I wrote in my last article that i just visited Amritsar last week 10 Nov and i had good look for two hours there was no such building there. The two picture which you have posted ealier on are the correct ones this wich was taken one at night and one in the day time is what i personely saw at the Amritsar Airport. the car park is expanded with more light poles only vip cars are allowed in this car park there is another car park accros the road now you have to pay 50 Rs to enter the car park. Thanks

Email   IP Logged
musafir
YaBB Newbies

Reply #8 - 21. Nov 2005 at 14:48

gillsing, if you say that the Rajasansi airport has expanded their car park much larger and more lamp pots, do you think that they've removed or chopped any trees off from the outside of the building)s)?  

As you walk from the aircraft and straight heading for the old terminal building(s)Which side is the new terminal building located? Is it on the left or the right?

How are the airport offical staff like at the Departure terminal? Are they kind and fair or are they just RUDE?

Please let me know AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!

View Profile   IP Logged
toughguy
YaBB Newbies

I love being a
member of Amritsar
Portal!

Reply #9 - 22. Nov 2005 at 09:02

hi
  the staff at amritsar airport is very soft spoken and fair in dealings no one is rude and they behave very well with the passengers
the new terminal is on the right hand side when u walk out of the aircraft so dont be miss guided by any one that the staff is rude

Quote from musafir on 21. Nov 2005 at 14:48:
gillsing, if you say that the Rajasansi airport has expanded their car park much larger and more lamp pots, do you think that they've removed or chopped any trees off from the outside of the building)s)?

As you walk from the aircraft and straight heading for the old terminal building(s)Which side is the new terminal building located? Is it on the left or the right?

How are the airport offical staff like at the Departure terminal? Are they kind and fair or are they just RUDE?

Please let me know AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!

Email View Profile   IP Logged
gillsing(Guest)

Reply #10 - 22. Nov 2005 at 09:53

The new terminal arrival hall is on the right side as you walk to the Airport from the Aircraft but you wont be able to see it from the picture which you have posted some time back showing one taken in the day time and one taken in the night that is the correct picture. But now a days there is a bus that tekes the passangers to the new arrival hall. You wont be able to see the arrival hall it is on the ground floor with a small entrance like the normal glass door it is extreemly the last door on the right side. As you enter the door you see the customs counters right in front of you and you can see a flat screen monitor showing the flight arrivals. The on the left side you can see there are toilets for men and ladies and wheel chairs passangers. And on the right side you can see there is a ascalator and staircase going up to the upper floor which is still closed. But when you clear the custom there is the luggage belt the clearance is fast now then when you walked out there are two person checking your luggage tag make sure you have your luggage tag with you if not they will not allow you to go out with eny luggage and after you come to the last luggage clearance there is a exray machine to see if you carry eny dutible items but no problem they do not ask much you just walke out smoothly. I did not see much trees in the car park.Thanks

Email   IP Logged
musafir(guest)(Guest)

Reply #11 - 22. Nov 2005 at 14:26

Thanks a lot.  

Now there is no way im going from BHX or LHR to New Delhi and then catch a bus/train to Jalandhar. Its a waste of time!
Rather stick with 2 hr trip from Rajasansi airport to Jalandhar(thats where my family live in India)

Another thing, if the new terminal building is mult-storey, arrival on ground floor and departure on first floor, is it like IGI airport in New Delhi where there is a high road leading to the top of the departure terminal and down back at the arrival terminal?

Let me know ASAP.
 Wink

Email   IP Logged
Swinder Dhillon(Guest)

Reply #12 - 22. Nov 2005 at 22:18

Amritsar airport has been a interest of mine for the last 20 years. I think it is great how this website gives you updates.
I took some pictures of the new terminal in March this year. The complex is fairly big (2 storey building). When it is completed it will be a very modern building with all the airport facilities you find at any international airport. There will not be an elevated approach road to the first floor of the building. It will have escalators aswell as lifts. I have received some info from the AAI Head Office Delhi. The picture posted is a picture of Amritsar Airport becasue the newly built control tower is on that side of the building.
Thanks S.S.Dhillon

P.S Can you post me any updates you may get on Amritsar airport to the email adress at the top.

Email   IP Logged
Admin
YaBB Administrator

Amritsar Portal

Reply #13 - 25. Nov 2005 at 12:43

Dear All,

We will attempt to contact the Airport Authorities for some officially approved photographs of the new terminal and post them. We do not want anyone to get into trouble attempting to take unofficial photos.

Regards

Cool

Admin:
Gian Dhian Kichh Karam Na Jana, Sar Na Jana Teri. Sabb Tey Vada Satgur Nanak, Jin Kai Rakhi Meri
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
:musafir(guest)(Guest)

Reply #14 - 04. Dec 2005 at 20:10

There's NO point on talking about photography in Amritsar airport, because it is completly FORBIDDEN! to take photos around the airport, either under a tree, near the tarmac area or where no one sees you.
Am I right?  

Any way, I've only visited the airport ONCE in 2000(arrive/depart), but my mum visits India every year to see her family, via Amritsar airport.  

I will defently visit India again next year,where I will land at the new terminal(not Delhi, cos Im very familar with the airport)

Email   IP Logged
Rajwant Singh(Guest)

Reply #15 - 02. Jan 2006 at 05:10

I was born in Amritsar in 1949 and since 1981 living in United States. I was so delighted to know that we can fly directly from San Francisco to Amritsar with one stop over, what a great benefit to our great city, I am planning to visit my native city this year and will fly Singapore Airline which goes directly to my city. Our Sikhs as well as Punjabi folks should use this Airport and avoid going to Delhi as much as they can, if we will support our Vatican city, world will follow us.

Let everyone participate in this venture.

Gur Fateh

Email   IP Logged
mr Dhaliwal(Guest)

Reply #16 - 02. Jan 2006 at 10:56

LETS HOPE ALL THE, PUNJABI NRI,S STARTS TO AVOID, DELHI AND FLY DIRECT TO "AMRITSAR" EVEN IF IT MEANS GOING OUT OF THERE WAY.

HOWEVER "DELHI WALAS" ARE NOT GOING TO BE TOO HAPPY AND WILL SHOW THERE  MIGHT AND WILL TRY TO PUT A STOP TO IT.

Email   IP Logged
Harry Sandhu(Guest)

Reply #17 - 09. Jan 2006 at 02:12

Why are fotos in Amritsar airport not allowed? Does the airport look scandallously dirty or filthy. Come on whats the secret or are the Indians still living in a time delay zone. Its the 21st century.We need to lead the world and not forever be led by others. Cool

Email   IP Logged
musafir(guest)(Guest)

Reply #18 - 09. Jan 2006 at 11:27

i've recently heard from an article that photography from most indian international airports has been removed. people can take photos from inside/outside the plane.

Email   IP Logged
Shaun Hundle(Guest)

Reply #19 - 05. Feb 2006 at 23:55

Quote from Harry Sandhu(Guest) on 09. Jan 2006 at 02:12:
Why are fotos in Amritsar airport not allowed? Does the airport look scandallously dirty or filthy. Come on whats the secret or are the Indians still living in a time delay zone. Its the 21st century.We need to lead the world and not forever be led by others. Cool

Technically, Amritsar Airport (ATQ) is still an Indian Air Force Base. I am not sure whether or not air force operations are still carried out at the airport, but I am aware that up until the 90s they were.

Email   IP Logged
musafir
YaBB Newbies

Reply #20 - 15. Mar 2006 at 15:21

Photo(s) of the new terminal building.

http://www.chowk.com/show_interactor_page.cgi?membername=dullabhatti

Please browse down until u see the new terminal block.

Thanks

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 
Reply Send Topic Print