Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Amritsar Portal, Amritsar Flights, Hotels, and Directory Discussion
23. Jul 2017 at 07:40
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Reply Send Topic Print
Is Ashkabad the end of the world ? (Read 8154 times)
Jackie Shroff

Is Ashkabad the end of the world ?
28. Sep 2005 at 09:47

What a scary scary scary place.  Shocked

You arrive in the middle of all these mountains in no mans land....and you are greeted by vampire like people.

SCARRRRRRRRRY  embarrassed

Email   IP Logged
Vampire

Re: Is Ashkabad the end of the world ?
Reply #1 - 07. Oct 2005 at 03:00

Dear Friend,

I hope you will avoid calling people vampires etc... and putting bad image about India or some other country. If you can spend on good flight please do or else stop complaining about quality for cheap flights.  

Do you expect, maharaja treatment for around 350
you are paying !!!!!

Email   IP Logged
soul

Reply #2 - 07. Oct 2005 at 05:49

is it just me or this "jackie scaoiwlsa" work for Air India?

go back and read all his posts.  either anti-air india competition or pro-air india!

Email   IP Logged
Jackie Shroff

Reply #3 - 08. Oct 2005 at 02:43

Leh yaar, are you saying i am the only with these views on these eastern soviet airlines?  

You know they are okay...they're cheap, and they get you there somehow and they fly to Amritsar.

I ain't been on Air India yet, so i will see.  

I HOPE IT HAS TV'S !

Email   IP Logged
sould

Reply #4 - 08. Oct 2005 at 04:36

this is my 3rd time tyring to post this damn message!

any ways... after writing an essay about 3 times i don't feel like doing it anymore...

all i want to ask is:

is it worth it to go from washington, dc to london > drive to bmgm > catch a flight to amritsar?

with a kid and all that luggage? ???

Email   IP Logged
Jackie Shroff

Reply #5 - 08. Oct 2005 at 04:42

SOUL D - i would not bother with that idea.

Getting out of London to Birmingham is going to take you a fair few hours, and that doesn't include the time it takes you to get out of the airport, and then having to recheck in at Birmingham airport ! That will takes ages!  

It took me about an hour to get out of the airport one time, and then public transport here in the UK is rubbish and expensive, so you could be waiting ages for that.

And then to recheck in at Birmingham could take a few hours too!  

And then you got to make sure your whole flights etc, are in Sync so you aren't waiting around for ages.

Why don't you just catch a flight direct to Birmingham?

If you can't...Just catch a flight straight to Delhi, and travel up to Punjab that way. It will be alot less hassle trust me.

Email   IP Logged
Harpreet singh

Reply #6 - 08. Oct 2005 at 05:10

Dear Soul,

check my mail in other section .. which was sent as reply to u.

regards
Harpreet

Email   IP Logged
musafir
YaBB Newbies

Reply #7 - 11. Oct 2005 at 00:36

Seen Ashgabad airport thrice(twice in 1997 and one in 1999)
A bit spooky it is at night but its so cold!!!!

Even ATQ airport is very spooky, when its dark, when you come out of a plane and you see no lights and no building, but middle of no where, except there are trees outside the terminal building, which r ugly!!!!

View Profile   IP Logged
Desi

Reply #8 - 11. Oct 2005 at 02:17

I am amazed at the sweeping statements bordering on prejudice being made about airlines such as Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan and the Russian People.

Here is a a thought for these people.

Which airlines have served our community for the past 10 - 15 years offering flights to Amritsar? Which airlines have helped to make Amritsar Airport and international airport. Which airlines offered an easier route to Amritsar than via Delhi?

Where was Air India before? Why did Air India not fly to Amritsar until this year? Could it be that they waiting for Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan to develop the marketa and then thought mmmm ...lets make some money out of this? Why is BA and Virgin only now beginning to thing of Amritsar?

Come on people - do not downgrade Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan because in the eyes of the vast community, it is Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan who have buildt the UK to Amritsar route - we should be grateful for them and not make such downgrading remarks.

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Reply Send Topic Print