Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Amritsar Portal, Amritsar Flights, Hotels, and Directory Discussion
23. Jul 2017 at 07:34
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Reply Send Topic Print
Gurudwara going to be built in between two Clubs! (Read 31622 times)
Binder Mandur

Gurudwara going to be built in between two Clubs!
05. Oct 2005 at 07:16

Gurudwara going to be built in between two Clubs!
In canada. Ontario Cambrdige I want your views

Email   IP Logged
Harpreet singh

Re: Gurudwara going to be built in between two Clu
Reply #1 - 06. Oct 2005 at 04:15

No comments for this act. I think Sikhs born in western countries are different in species and they think whatever theyr are doing is correct and we Indian born Sikhs are fools and idiots. So let them do whatever they want. May God help them.

Harpreet

Email   IP Logged
Bilal

Reply #2 - 08. Oct 2005 at 05:13

harpeet singh. I am from USA Born & raised but as  you mention with you remarks being a Musalman, I am not pleased. No Holy place should be built near CLUBS. Allah Afiz Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Davinder

Reply #3 - 11. Oct 2005 at 05:12

Bilal sahib I am with you. I am from BC Canada. No holy should be built in between clubs at all. After all we are all human bein & do we wants our house to be built near clubs than why we want our Holy Place to be their . Binder I am very sad on those people who even thought about it . Shame on Cambridge peoples. Sat Sri Akal

Email   IP Logged
Harpreet singh

Reply #4 - 11. Oct 2005 at 22:01

I have tried telling Sikhs in my local area that langar should be served on ground and not like hotel where u go to serving table .. pick up whatever u need and come back on chairs and tables to eat it. But excuse was this is going on in UK since ages and we have no problems with eating on tables... and old man came with explanation that it was started for old people but now everyone prefer to sit on table !!! In India old people are not treated well thats why they sit on ground to have langar.. I was really surprised by reply of 70 year old buzarg!

Try explaning to US or Canadian Sikhs that Sikhs in India are equal as other religions but you will get reply that you are puppet of Govt. of India like Manmohan Singh. For them Sikhs of India including Dr Manmohan are fools ..... thats why i just wrote let them do whatever they want....  

Try conveying message to these people... and you can listen to 100+ excuses justifying their initiative...  

I think people should invest in educating Indian Sikhs so that they donot need to migrate to west for few dollars. I would prefer to open a school rather than Gurudwara in my village in Punjab.

To all Indian Sikhs, please think twice before spending millions to migrate to west... i have seen Sikhs being humiliated by this species of western Sikhs openly. Spend that million for education first.

Email   IP Logged
Anwar

Reply #5 - 14. Oct 2005 at 04:42

Harpeet Singh JI, I am very happy on your seccond letter. I am proud to be a Musalman atleast.  

Our Molvi will never let this happened. The Akal Takhat a high power in Sikhs should involve in this conversation to stop those people who wants to built a Gurudwara in that place.  
Also they shouldnt eat a langer on the tables. Even when the religon came in forum that time their were a Old Bazurag too but how they were eating it. Second, eating on the floor means every one should be same I mean No king or peoples like shsould be different, we all should be treated same.
This topic is very important we should give good remarks to Binder who open this topic. Thank you
Allah Afiz

Email   IP Logged
Dhanraj

Reply #6 - 14. Oct 2005 at 04:54

I don't understand how any one can even think about it. Where are all the Moderate sikh who wants their own home land & they can not stop these peoples who wants to do this building a Gurudwara near CLUBS. shame on them. Come on every one join to have petition on this topic for Akaal takhat

Dhanraj Kumar

Email   IP Logged
Mohmad Ali

Reply #7 - 14. Oct 2005 at 06:03

I spent most of the life in western country. I have read all the views from every person. In my opinion , and so far my sikh history knowledge,NO Gurdwaras or any holy place or even personel residence should not be built near any clubs or drinking  estblishment. So far as I know The Sikhs religion have high Authority,which is call AKAL TAHKAT should or must involve in this situation to solve the ashameful problem. They should stop to build Gurdwara in that place. It look like there no more sikhss like olden time, or may I say the are not the sikh of GuruGobind Singh.

Email   IP Logged
Tejbahadur Singh

Reply #8 - 14. Oct 2005 at 07:23

Hi everyone.  
I am impress with everyone remarks on this issue. I think we have to teach so many things to those peoples whos thoughts are so called non sikh.  

They have forgotten our GURU's Teaching why we are sikh any why they have to give every things to GURU GRANTH SAHIB. Shabab GURU.

We should built a school in Canada & UK Also in USA so they can learn what is sikh. why we are what we are!

What is main perpose of Sikh religion.  
sat sri Akal to every one

Email   IP Logged
Sanjna

Reply #9 - 19. Oct 2005 at 02:32

Hello everyone.  

I am from USA and my family lives in Canada. I am agree with Tajbahudar singh ji.

Who ever think, they are truely Sikh and they want to do some thing for the sikh religon please Open up the Schools for the people to get educate.

If they are educated and definatly they will never think of having the any holy place built nrxt to or near to clubs.

Have a good day Smiley

Email   IP Logged
sukhjinder

Reply #10 - 29. Oct 2005 at 05:55

hello every one. I think I dp agree with school we should have to educate every one more like people from UK, USA and Canada.  
They are the one who think what ever they say is "GOD" word rest is not improtant at all.

However, i am from Germany and  if any one ask my opninion, I will say please do us a favour do not bulid any gurudwara at all next to or near by in any kind of Clubs at all.

Thank you  
Sukhvinder Kaur

Email   IP Logged
binder
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #11 - 29. Oct 2005 at 06:15

Hello Reader friends,

I am so thank full for this topic. I am pleased at least their are some concern who cares for GURUDWARA's where they can or can not build.  
guys keep writting your views pls
Thanks
Binder Smiley

View Profile   IP Logged
Panth DA DAS

Reply #12 - 09. Nov 2005 at 06:17

Khalsa Ji,

Why do you look backward.Why is sitting on table or floor eating Gurus lanager is a problem.

I am greatful to comments made by the non Sikh  guys. BUT you do not know our way of life. There are Enough Khalsa's around the world who still parctice and live in the Gurus footsteps.

All religious palces I know in UK be it a Mosque,Church, Mandir or Gurdwara are built near a PUB. WHY we live in UK and PUB culture is very strong here.If you disagree with that Go back to India or where ever you came from Its very simple.
The Khalsa live with soceiety not apart from it. Learn, accept it and move on.

kiss

Email   IP Logged
Harpreet singh

Reply #13 - 09. Nov 2005 at 20:55

Thanks for the last message... saying Go back from whereever you have come ???? just because people are opposing building of Gurudwara near club... great going das ji.  

Personally i will go back once i complete my education and serve people in my country rather than staying in some developed country and saying my own country is just a waste...  Hope you guys will enjoy your stay here.

Hope even if pub culture starts in Punjab no one will dare to build religious place near to it. Don't talk about UK here as i have seen Gurudwara's named as Bhatia Gurudwara etc here .... Even i couldnot get it what does that mean !!!!

Email   IP Logged
desi

Reply #14 - 10. Nov 2005 at 00:31

Interesting points made by Panth Da Das.

I agree that many Gurdwaras were originally founded in schools, old churches and even halls and banqueting suites (which yes, you guessed it, probably served alcohol).....and some of the old Gurdwaras tend to be situated in areas which are now shall we say very seedy.  

Now if you had a choice, I would agree that you would not situate a Gurdwara near a pub but then the question is how near a pub would it be acceptable? If a pub next door is not acceptable, then what about 2 or 3 houses away? same street? next street? a mile away?...you get my drift? How can we isolate ourselves in the western world? We need to integrate.

Which brings me onto a wider point...If being situated next to a pub is not acceptable to some people, how do these people react when you have a wedding ceremony at the Gurdwara and the whole congretion then go to the community center or hotel or hall to get drunk in the afternoon at the wedding party.

I think the strength of the religion should be to exist in harmony amongst the current local community. Sri Guru Nanak Jee and Sheikh Kabir Jee continually stressed that you becoming a Sadhu, isolating yourself from the community, going to the jungle or to the caves to meditate is not the way. You have to live in the real world and face all the challenges of modern living which includes other people who do not believe in your religion, who commit sin and crime including people who visit the pub.

Just my thoughts....

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Reply Send Topic Print