News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Reply Send Topic Print
Marriage (Read 4262 times)
Kully

Marriage
09. Nov 2005 at 01:31

Someone please help. I want to know if its the done thing to marry a man who's nankay is in the same village as mine. I have met someone, who I have always known, but we are not directly related. His father is the son of my granmothers sister - so basically, 2 sisters married to 2 cousin brothers...the brothers weren't brother but cousins.  

So, basically, can a grand-son get married to a girl from the same village as his grand-father got married to?

Please someone with some knowledge, its hard enough finding someone who is Punjabi, sikh, same caste, not of the same surname...now to contend with dad's nankay as well...its a tall order.  

Email   IP Logged
Harpreet singh

Re: Marriage
Reply #1 - 09. Nov 2005 at 02:28

Dear friend,

I think if you are looking for scientific answer ( because this is the only reason we go for unrelated marriages). I think go for genetic test. I know it is not practical in few cases as it might land u in troubles.

Just draw a pedegree chart and see how distantly you are related. If distance is mediated by 5 or more generations it is always fine (genetically).

Socially i think these marriages are very common.  

But as an educated person you should calcuate genetic risk involved in such marriages. Visit GP for more information about risks.

Harpreet Singh

Email   IP Logged
Navi.Grewal
YaBB Newbies

I love being a
member of Amritsar
Portal!

Re: Marriage
Reply #2 - 02. Apr 2006 at 00:57

If u Both Love each other.. i think u should go for it.Good Luck Smiley

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1