News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Reply Send Topic Print
AMRITSAR NEED "MORE" (Read 6665 times)
TOM(Guest)

AMRITSAR NEED "MORE"
08. Dec 2005 at 12:24

Hi, I'm tom from italy. recently i visited Golden temple and was highly impressed by its beauty and architecture.  But apart from temple, the city around is in shamble. It seems like falling apart.  
I was wondering , if we europeans had such a beautiful temple than it would have been eighth wonder of world.
but your people are not concerned in this.
I think the people in punjab had made it a point to break the city .
The moment i landed at airport , all the people view tourists as money churners. everybody is busy making fool of tourists to get that extra money.
Though i was told about this , but i least expected it in punjab , a city of so called open hearted and everready helping people.
But dear the story is altogehter different.  

second point is there are not very good hotels/rest halls where you can get good food/rooms.
thirdly , the city traffic is hell.no words for it.

give the temple to us and we will show you how to make it 8th wonder.

and also, you people are not doing any publicity.

i happen to visit a brahmin temple in delhi and met with some japanese tourists. i was amazed that they doesn't know anything about sikhs or GT.

with my stay at GT , i found that you people are more concerned about USA and UK.  
dear there are also more countries in this world.  

you need to publisize your religion in japan , spain , italy..........

A well Wisher

Email   IP Logged
Desi(Guest)

Re: AMRITSAR NEED "MORE"
Reply #1 - 08. Dec 2005 at 13:23

Tom - I agree 100% with your post. There is no long term planning or strategy for Amritsar and all we have is some small timers who think this iincreased tourist traffic is like the Gold Rush and are milking it for what it is worth. Very Sad.

Email   IP Logged
Anna(Guest)

Reply #2 - 14. Dec 2005 at 17:15

cry
I agree to what the young man from Italy said: We really should feel shame! I come the first time in 1975 to Amritsar. And this that time nothing has changed to the good. The small galis are almost the same dirty. Houses are broken. The so called streets are not for passenger - or you risk to break your ankles. Shops are what we call in Germany BRUCHBUDE. In the best hotel of the city I wanted to wash my hands. But the ladies bathroom was in a very bad condition, to describe it politely. And also I had to face the people how saw in me only the bloody tourist whom they could rob. Problem: My husband belongs to the Sikhs and I know to much about the habits of those people. Instead of building the Punjab a better place they run away to America and Canada. And are later homesick. And do not know how to return to there native country without loosing the respect of the others. As my husband used to say: You alsways thing the green outside is much grenner than at home. Unless you have been for many years outside.

Email   IP Logged
H Singh(Guest)

Reply #3 - 15. Dec 2005 at 15:23

Great responses... so Sikhs do agree that solution is not by running into west and coming back to complain... solution is to stay in a system and work for it. Market around GT is congested. Streets are narrow and to add up people use streets to sell their products. Govt. was trying to shift these shopkeepers but they started revolting against it. Govt. is helpless, unless we The Citizens of Indian Republic realise that we have something above personal needs and greeds.

Those who have migrated to other countries have no right to complain when they themselves doesnot want to return and are looking for someone else to work for them.

Hope Sidhu is listening and will work for his constituency.

Email   IP Logged
Al-Hadjra(Guest)

Reply #4 - 21. Dec 2005 at 01:51

Hey Tom,
your description of Amritsar reminds me of Rome and Venice ...

Email   IP Logged
ripz_wkrz
YaBB Newbies

Singapore Girl
Always

Reply #5 - 25. Dec 2005 at 01:50

Oh I am surprised that Eric has commented such about Amritsar,, I have been  to tht place 2x, but always end up flg sick,..anyway,, GT is so peaceful,,and the Prashadh is heavenly,,,yummy,,, as for the place ard it,,I did notice that it shd be built ..anyway ,,lets look at it with a positive view..for example ,,,India ,,esp,,places like Amritsar is picking up..i believe that in time to come,, its gonna boom up big time....

I am born in Singapore ,,but believing that Amritsar is soon gonna be a great city ,,thus I am also looking into ways ,,to invest into some business there..

cheers,,oh yes ,,i dont think the indians there are out to rob anyone,,,its always the hungry tummy that makes ppl do such things... maybe they are just poor... lets just look at all things in life positively..

Email View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Reply Send Topic Print