Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Amritsar Portal, Amritsar Flights, Hotels, and Directory Discussion
21. Aug 2017 at 13:01
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Direct Amritsar-London flights (Read 30916 times)
musafir
YaBB Newbies

Direct Amritsar-London flights
16. Feb 2006 at 22:28

Direct flights from Amritsar to London soon
Sarbjit Dhaliwal
Tribune News Service  

Chandigarh, February 16
Direct flights to London from Amritsar will become a reality soon. The Union Minister for Civil Aviation, Mr Praful Patel, today cleared a proposal of Jet Airways to start such flights on a regular basis.

Mr M.S. Gill, Member of the Rajya Sabha, told The Tribune on the phone from Delhi that Mr Patel had met him this morning in Parliament House. “Mr Patel told me that there was good news for the people of Punjab. He said that he had cleared the Jet Airways proposal to start direct flights from Amritsar to London”, said Mr Gill.

“I have been regularly pursuing this matter with the Civil Aviation Ministry. As a substantial number of people from Punjab visit London every year, the starting of direct flights to that city from Amritsar will be a big facility for them. In the absence of regular direct flights to London, people were facing problems”, said Mr Gill. “As Mr Naresh Goel, Chairman of Jet Airways, belongs to Patiala, I urged him to start operations from Amritsar at the earliest”, added Mr Gill.

“Mr Patel also told me that low-tariff flights will also start from Amritsar to Dubai on the Kerala pattern by March-end. People from this region are employed in large numbers in Dubai and neighbouring countries such as Kuwait”, said Mr Gill.  

Smiley Cool

View Profile   IP Logged
musafir
YaBB Newbies

Re: Direct Amritsar-London flights
Reply #1 - 16. Feb 2006 at 22:30

this is very good news! If BA starts flights to ATQ this would be brilliant, but on the down side the ticket prices are so high, same as Air India from Birmingham to Amritsar/Delhi.

View Profile   IP Logged
musafir
YaBB Newbies

Reply #2 - 16. Feb 2006 at 22:31

please write your own views about direct flights from ATQ to LHR/LGW.

View Profile   IP Logged
Davinder Singh(Guest)

Reply #3 - 17. Feb 2006 at 13:42

Does anybody know when these flights are starting? There seems to be a big lag time between getting permission and sarting flights. Anybody got contacts with JET airways?

Also the frequency of flights per week would be good to know.

Email   IP Logged
AmritsarTravel
YaBB Newbies

To Amritsar and
Beyond......with
Amritsar Travel

Reply #4 - 18. Feb 2006 at 10:10

Davinder,

We were informed that Jet Airways flights were going to start 1st week in November 2005! and then it went quiet. It can't be too long because they have been planning this for sometime and they need to be ready for the peak July/August traffic. Will post here has soon as we have it confirmed. Regards Amritsar.Travel

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Mr Dhaliwal(Guest)

Reply #5 - 18. Feb 2006 at 10:31

It will be nice if likes of jet airways starts a london to amritsar flight, especially using there "A340" aircrafts as they can take more people,which would me less disapointment of not getting a seat. Also it would me more cargo space.

So Jet airways please dont keep us waiting any longer.

Email   IP Logged
AmritsarTravel
YaBB Newbies

To Amritsar and
Beyond......with
Amritsar Travel

Reply #6 - 18. Feb 2006 at 10:36

I agree Mr Dhalliwal, but the A340 requires a long runway and extenstive modifcations to the Airport because of its size and capacity. Even Delhi and London Heathrow airports will need to be modified for the A340. For Amritsar, any of the existing Airbus aircrafts would help and a London to Amritsar non stop flight would be excellent.

Mr Dhaliwal(Guest)

Reply #7 - 18. Feb 2006 at 11:48

I do not know where you are getting your information about your comments on the A340 aircraft, if a b777 can land ( which does at present "singapore airlines and air india") at amritsar. The A340 is more than capable of landing there. As far as your comments about london airport, thats not true either. I should know as I am a airport engineer working at a top London airport.  

So  from all the punjabis, come on Jet airways start your flights with A340 aircrafts to Amritsar ASAP.

Email   IP Logged
AmritsarTravel
YaBB Newbies

To Amritsar and
Beyond......with
Amritsar Travel

Reply #8 - 18. Feb 2006 at 12:06

Sorry - yes you are right, I was referring to the new 555 seater A380 which has yet to be released and for which airports will have to be modified to cater for the extra capacity.

Mr Dhaliwal(Guest)

Reply #9 - 18. Feb 2006 at 13:41

Thats alright, I just wish although the punjabis out NRI,S and at the punjab government level get together and start lobbing for  major international airlines to fly to Amritsar, as not not only, will this bring the much needed "Revenue"  to this state but also the export as well as employement facilities.

Email   IP Logged
Guest in Delhi(Guest)

Reply #10 - 19. Feb 2006 at 00:06

I have just travelled with Jet Airways from London to Delhi and their service is fantastic! I will definately recommend Jet as they truly do treat their passengers in a first class manner. If they commence flights to Amritsar from London, I am sure that they will set an excellent standard for other airlines to follow.

Well done Jet Airways! Please continue with the goodwork. I am glad that once the Air Sahara acquistion is completed that you are the ideal airline to represent India rather than Air India.

Email   IP Logged
Davinder Singh(Guest)

Reply #11 - 19. Feb 2006 at 08:50

When the Jet airways flight is intoduced they need to have a daily frequency. The 3 times a week flight by Air India from Birmingham has shown to be inadequate. If 60% of passengers want to go to the Punjab from Delhi airport , BA and Virgin could easily introduce further services to Amritsar.

Email   IP Logged
mr Dhaliwal(Guest)

Reply #12 - 19. Feb 2006 at 12:18

Davinder, I totally agree with you, but what needs to happen is that, this issue needs to be taken up at the punjab government level, i.e. the chief minster standing up for the rights of punjab and its NRIs, then we might see some action.

Email   IP Logged
Desi(Guest)

Reply #13 - 20. Feb 2006 at 08:37

I agree - Jet Airways flying to Amritsar is what we need - it is about we had some real competition to Air India and then Virgin will follow Jet.

Email   IP Logged
gsr(Guest)

Reply #14 - 21. Feb 2006 at 19:26

im sure that amritsar can deal with a ab-340, because its runaway size is 10,700. Hyderabad is about 9,000 and Bangalore is 10,800. Amritsar can deal with aircraft sizes from B767 to A-330, maybe A340.
Its unlikely it would have a A-380 landing here and taking the entire space of the apron.

Has departure lounge opened yet, as in next month i'll see it for myself.

Please let me know if more building works(expansion on new building) ASAP.

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print