News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Reply Send Topic Print
Air Sahara DEL-LHR (Read 9651 times)
Ted(Guest)

Air Sahara DEL-LHR
27. Mar 2006 at 14:07

Does anyone have any information as to why the Air Sahara flight between Delhi and Heathrow has been cancelled for over a week? Todays flight is not even mentioned on the Heathrow website.

Email   IP Logged
PunjabiMunda
YaBB Newbies

Re: Air Sahara DEL-LHR
Reply #1 - 28. Mar 2006 at 12:42

Sorry Ted but dont know! My cousins had problems with the airline last week flying back from Delhi, they had overbooked and refused to do anything about it!!  They resorted to flying back with another airline!! I think Air Sahara is giving a wrong impression and turn into one of those "problem" airlines!!  cry

View Profile   IP Logged
Ted(Guest)

Reply #2 - 29. Mar 2006 at 18:31

I've been in touch with Aviance, who are the UK handling agents and they say that there are "technical difficulties" with the aircraft and the flight has been cancelled until further notice.

My parents are in India and are due to fly back on Air Sahara on saturday. They have reconfirmed their return flights but got a call this evening in India from Air Sahara saying that their will be cancelled and they need to be at Delhi on Thursday AM to get their flight back. However, being in Punjab they cannot pack and make it to Delhi by that time. I think they will just go to Delhi when they are scheduled to depart and see what Air Sahara do. It's not looking good by your response and what your cousin went through. Hopefully the travel insurance will cover it if they have to book with someone else to get back.

Email   IP Logged
Ted(Guest)

Reply #3 - 01. Apr 2006 at 00:31

Well I must give credit to Air Sahara. They kept in touch with my parents and gave them an alternative flight on Saturday with Jet Airways and they are on their way back.

Email   IP Logged
Harpreet(Guest)

Reply #4 - 01. Apr 2006 at 12:49

Air Sahara and Jet air are merging together as Jet is taking over Sahara. That may be one of the reasons why Air Sahara os bit careless as they are any way loosing their Airlines..

I will avoid flying with Air Sahara till Jet finally takes it over and re route all its flights.

Email   IP Logged
Bally(Guest)

Reply #5 - 09. Apr 2006 at 16:33

I was due to fly back with Air Sahara From Delhi to London on the 17th of April, but when we got the airport we were informed that the flight had been cancelled due to a "technical fault" with the aircraft. We were not informed of the problembefore.  However when we complained to the supervisor and informed her we were traveling with children, she arranged for us to fly back to london on the Virgin flight which was going to leave an hour later than the Air Sahara Flight.  I know that they put some other passengers in hotel and arranged flight back to london with other airlines.

Email   IP Logged
Ted(Guest)

Reply #6 - 10. Apr 2006 at 00:26

I think you mean 17th March?

Well, Air Sahara has been operating normally between London and Delhi since Monday 3rd April.

Email   IP Logged
bally(Guest)

Reply #7 - 10. Apr 2006 at 15:36

Sorry I meant the 17th of March.  I have to say that i was very impressed with the way the airline dealt the the problem. I would fly with then in the future.

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Reply Send Topic Print