Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Amritsar Portal, Amritsar Flights, Hotels, and Directory Discussion
30. Mar 2017 at 01:50
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Jet Air to launch Amritsar London flights (Read 35941 times)
musafir
YaBB Newbies

Jet Air to launch Amritsar London flights
12. Jun 2006 at 21:54

This is official, as I've read the "Des Pardes" Punjabi Weekly newsapaer, week 26th May 2005 and it mentions that Jet Airways will launch a new daily service (ex.Tuesdays) from Amritsar to London Heathrow NON-STOP (without starting or stopping in Delhi). It plans to use a Airbus 330, recently leased on 1st June 06. The timings are mentioned in it and ticket prices start from £209 ..... I dunno about taxes.

What are your opinions about this article? Please write your own expressions and views about the launch of these new flights.

View Profile   IP Logged
jaz s dhaliwal
YaBB Newbies

I love being a
member of Amritsar
Portal!

Re: Jet Air to launch Amritsar London flights
Reply #1 - 12. Jun 2006 at 22:21

If this is indeed true and if jet airways will use a A330  ( it has more seats and much comfortable than 767), then I along with all the Punjabi NRIs in britain will certainly thank jet airways from the bottom of our hearts and we will use this flight all the time come what may. No more flying to Delhi. Hoo ray, hoo ray.

View Profile   IP Logged
Punjabi Munda
YaBB Newbies

I love being a
member of Amritsar
Portal!

Reply #2 - 13. Jun 2006 at 18:11

All,

This is an extract from the Jet Airways website. They are a fantastic airline. I have flown with them from London to Delhi as well as domestically in India and they are fantastic. I am delighted that Jet Airways, a top airline, have listened to the request of Punjabis for years. Balle, Balle - from Amritsar to LHR!!!!

Introducing the only NON-STOP flight between Amritsar and London, starting June 28, 2006.

Flight No. Origin Departure Time Destination Arrival Time Frequency  
124 Amritsar 1300 London 1740 Monday & Thursday  
124 Amritsar 1350 London 1830 Wednesday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday  
123 London 2135 Amritsar 1030 Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday  
The above are local timings.

Avail of our special inaugural return fare for Amritsar-London-Amritsar, which starts from as low as INR 23,000 only!

Please note:

This fare is saleable upto July 15, 2006 only.  
Outbound travel must commence between June 28, 2006 and July 31, 2006 (both days inclusive).

View Profile   IP Logged
eagleeye
YaBB Newbies

I love being a
member of Amritsar
Portal!

Reply #3 - 13. Jun 2006 at 23:25

Smiley In end the Vaheguru has finally listened to the vows of the punjabis .It's best to pay couple of pounds extra rather than humilitated by the air slovakia,turkeminstan ,etc.This is also a wake up call for all substandard russian airlines to improve standards or pack up.I hope by mid of 2007 we will have virgin & BA at Amritsar.

View Profile   IP Logged
sacs2k1
YaBB Newbies

I love being a
member of Amritsar
Portal!

Reply #4 - 22. Jun 2006 at 12:39

I think that the Jet has cancelled its plan for its Amritsar-London Flight ongoing dispute with Air Sahara. They were supposed to use Air Sahara Crew on this flight and trained them specially for this route...

See the Jet Airways Website... no more info about the ATQ - LHR flight  Sad

View Profile   IP Logged
musafir
YaBB Newbies

Reply #5 - 23. Jun 2006 at 17:45

Dear all

Jet Air may has removed its mentions about Amritsar-London flights, but it has been undated on the flight schedule and the flight update page. please visit it.

Now I hope that the problem with Air Sahara is over

View Profile   IP Logged
musafir
YaBB Newbies

Reply #6 - 23. Jun 2006 at 17:46

Can some1 please tell me what is the difference between PREMIUM ECONOMY and ECONOMY class, as mentioned in Amritsra-London flights?

Please let me know ASAP .

View Profile   IP Logged
Punjabi Munda
YaBB Newbies

I love being a
member of Amritsar
Portal!

Reply #7 - 23. Jun 2006 at 17:52

It looks like the Jet Airways flight from London to Amritsar may not be happening in June now. The article I pasted above from the Jet Airways website is not on there anymore.  

The difference with Economy and Premium Economy is like World Traveller Plus on BA, it is a class between Economy and Business Classes.

Might need to wait longer for our direct flight from London to Amritsar! cry

View Profile   IP Logged
musafir
YaBB Newbies

Reply #8 - 23. Jun 2006 at 18:45

NOT SO FAR .... THIS IS OFFICAL, NOT CACHED FROM GOOGLE.
GO TO JET AIRWAYS WEBSITE AND CLICK ON PLAN & BOOK THE FLIGHT UPDATE. SCROLL DOWN JUS' A LIL' BIT. ALSO LOOK IN PDF & EXCEL FLIGHT SCHEDULES. UPDATED EVERYDAY.

Effective June 28, 2006
Introducing the only NON-STOP flight between Amritsar and London. Details of this new flight have been indicated below.

Flight No. Origin Departure Time Destination Arrival Time Frequency  
124 Amritsar 1300 London 1740 Monday & Thursday  
124 Amritsar 1350 London 1830 Wednesday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday  
123 London 2135 Amritsar 1030 Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday  
The above timings are local timings.

THIS HAS BEEN COPY/PASTED FROM THE SITE.
WHAT DO U THINK?
 Smiley

View Profile   IP Logged
AmritsarTravel
YaBB Newbies

To Amritsar and
Beyond......with
Amritsar Travel

Reply #9 - 24. Jun 2006 at 11:49

Jet Airways have cancelled the first few London to Amritsar flights - 28, 29 and 30 June. The 03 July flight is still scheduled and waiting confirmation. They are still committed to flying the London to Amritsar route but it may not be 6 flights a week now since they are short of aircraft. Will keep everyone posted.

« Last Edit: 26. Jun 2006 at 06:07 by Admin »  
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Punjabi Munda
YaBB Newbies

I love being a
member of Amritsar
Portal!

Reply #10 - 26. Jun 2006 at 15:44

All, it has been reported in The Tribune that the London - Amritsar Jet Airways flight has been cancelled! See below:  

Amritsar-London flight cancelled  

Amritsar, June 25
In view of Jet-Sahara deal turning sour, the Amritsar-London direct flight, which was to take off on June 28, stands cancelled, with large number of tickets having been returned to travel agents.  

Jet Airways had announced its direct flight to London from here last month. — OC

View Profile   IP Logged
AmritsarTravel
YaBB Newbies

To Amritsar and
Beyond......with
Amritsar Travel

Reply #11 - 26. Jun 2006 at 19:04

Current Status on Mon 26 June.

All Jet Airways Flights London to Amritsar cancelled until 12 July.

Jet Airways still hoping to get first flight launched on 14 July so still a chance for London to Amritsar flights to continue.

Will keep people posted.

Regards

musafir
YaBB Newbies

Reply #12 - 26. Jun 2006 at 22:40

How do you know that LHR-ATQ flights will maybe start on the 14th July? after 2nd daily flight from mumbai to LHR.

I think they'll have to use a Airbus 330 or 340.

View Profile   IP Logged
gillsing
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #13 - 28. Jun 2006 at 12:38

Jet postpones flights from Amritsar to UK  

Press Trust of India  

Amritsar, June 27: THE much expected direct flight of Jet Airways from Amritsar to london, which was scheduled to take off from the International Rajasansi Airport on June 28, has been postponed indefinitely.  

The officials of the Jet Airways here, have expressed uncertainty about the new dates and also about the fresh schedule of launch.  

Earlier, the Jet Airways was expected to take off on Wednesday, from Amritsar to London. The air service was especially aimed at NRIs from the state and Jet was expected to fly daily, except on Tuesdays.  

The Rajasansi Airport had already allotted a slot to Jet Airways, which was expected to operate boeing 747 aircraft on this route, officials said.  

Commenting on the reason, a spokesperson of company, A K Shivanandan said, ‘‘We are running short of aircrafts for the operation. Earlier we were looking for Sahara, for the aircraft, but as the deal was not materilised, so it was postponed.’’  

When asked about the new dates, he expressed uncertainty over the proposed flight.  

At present, there is no direct flight to London from Rajasansi Airport, and three airlines — Uzebekistan, Air Slovakia and Turkemenistan — operate flights to London from here and passengers have to go via Arab Countries or Russia.

View Profile   IP Logged
AmritsarTravel
YaBB Newbies

To Amritsar and
Beyond......with
Amritsar Travel

Reply #14 - 28. Jun 2006 at 12:50

Just been informed that no Jet Airways London to Amritsar flights will be operating until further notice.

Regards

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print