Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Amritsar Portal, Amritsar Flights, Hotels, and Directory Discussion
27. Apr 2017 at 17:57
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Jet Air to launch Amritsar London flights (Read 36318 times)
musafir
YaBB Newbies

Jet Air to launch Amritsar London flights
12. Jun 2006 at 21:54

This is official, as I've read the "Des Pardes" Punjabi Weekly newsapaer, week 26th May 2005 and it mentions that Jet Airways will launch a new daily service (ex.Tuesdays) from Amritsar to London Heathrow NON-STOP (without starting or stopping in Delhi). It plans to use a Airbus 330, recently leased on 1st June 06. The timings are mentioned in it and ticket prices start from £209 ..... I dunno about taxes.

What are your opinions about this article? Please write your own expressions and views about the launch of these new flights.

View Profile   IP Logged
jaz s dhaliwal
YaBB Newbies

I love being a
member of Amritsar
Portal!

Re: Jet Air to launch Amritsar London flights
Reply #1 - 12. Jun 2006 at 22:21

If this is indeed true and if jet airways will use a A330  ( it has more seats and much comfortable than 767), then I along with all the Punjabi NRIs in britain will certainly thank jet airways from the bottom of our hearts and we will use this flight all the time come what may. No more flying to Delhi. Hoo ray, hoo ray.

View Profile   IP Logged
Punjabi Munda
YaBB Newbies

I love being a
member of Amritsar
Portal!

Reply #2 - 13. Jun 2006 at 18:11

All,

This is an extract from the Jet Airways website. They are a fantastic airline. I have flown with them from London to Delhi as well as domestically in India and they are fantastic. I am delighted that Jet Airways, a top airline, have listened to the request of Punjabis for years. Balle, Balle - from Amritsar to LHR!!!!

Introducing the only NON-STOP flight between Amritsar and London, starting June 28, 2006.

Flight No. Origin Departure Time Destination Arrival Time Frequency  
124 Amritsar 1300 London 1740 Monday & Thursday  
124 Amritsar 1350 London 1830 Wednesday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday  
123 London 2135 Amritsar 1030 Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday  
The above are local timings.

Avail of our special inaugural return fare for Amritsar-London-Amritsar, which starts from as low as INR 23,000 only!

Please note:

This fare is saleable upto July 15, 2006 only.  
Outbound travel must commence between June 28, 2006 and July 31, 2006 (both days inclusive).

View Profile   IP Logged
eagleeye
YaBB Newbies

I love being a
member of Amritsar
Portal!

Reply #3 - 13. Jun 2006 at 23:25

Smiley In end the Vaheguru has finally listened to the vows of the punjabis .It's best to pay couple of pounds extra rather than humilitated by the air slovakia,turkeminstan ,etc.This is also a wake up call for all substandard russian airlines to improve standards or pack up.I hope by mid of 2007 we will have virgin & BA at Amritsar.

View Profile   IP Logged
sacs2k1
YaBB Newbies

I love being a
member of Amritsar
Portal!

Reply #4 - 22. Jun 2006 at 12:39

I think that the Jet has cancelled its plan for its Amritsar-London Flight ongoing dispute with Air Sahara. They were supposed to use Air Sahara Crew on this flight and trained them specially for this route...

See the Jet Airways Website... no more info about the ATQ - LHR flight  Sad

View Profile   IP Logged
musafir
YaBB Newbies

Reply #5 - 23. Jun 2006 at 17:45

Dear all

Jet Air may has removed its mentions about Amritsar-London flights, but it has been undated on the flight schedule and the flight update page. please visit it.

Now I hope that the problem with Air Sahara is over

View Profile   IP Logged
musafir
YaBB Newbies

Reply #6 - 23. Jun 2006 at 17:46

Can some1 please tell me what is the difference between PREMIUM ECONOMY and ECONOMY class, as mentioned in Amritsra-London flights?

Please let me know ASAP .

View Profile   IP Logged
Punjabi Munda
YaBB Newbies

I love being a
member of Amritsar
Portal!

Reply #7 - 23. Jun 2006 at 17:52

It looks like the Jet Airways flight from London to Amritsar may not be happening in June now. The article I pasted above from the Jet Airways website is not on there anymore.  

The difference with Economy and Premium Economy is like World Traveller Plus on BA, it is a class between Economy and Business Classes.

Might need to wait longer for our direct flight from London to Amritsar! cry

View Profile   IP Logged
musafir
YaBB Newbies

Reply #8 - 23. Jun 2006 at 18:45

NOT SO FAR .... THIS IS OFFICAL, NOT CACHED FROM GOOGLE.
GO TO JET AIRWAYS WEBSITE AND CLICK ON PLAN & BOOK THE FLIGHT UPDATE. SCROLL DOWN JUS' A LIL' BIT. ALSO LOOK IN PDF & EXCEL FLIGHT SCHEDULES. UPDATED EVERYDAY.

Effective June 28, 2006
Introducing the only NON-STOP flight between Amritsar and London. Details of this new flight have been indicated below.

Flight No. Origin Departure Time Destination Arrival Time Frequency  
124 Amritsar 1300 London 1740 Monday & Thursday  
124 Amritsar 1350 London 1830 Wednesday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday  
123 London 2135 Amritsar 1030 Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday  
The above timings are local timings.

THIS HAS BEEN COPY/PASTED FROM THE SITE.
WHAT DO U THINK?
 Smiley

View Profile   IP Logged
AmritsarTravel
YaBB Newbies

To Amritsar and
Beyond......with
Amritsar Travel

Reply #9 - 24. Jun 2006 at 11:49

Jet Airways have cancelled the first few London to Amritsar flights - 28, 29 and 30 June. The 03 July flight is still scheduled and waiting confirmation. They are still committed to flying the London to Amritsar route but it may not be 6 flights a week now since they are short of aircraft. Will keep everyone posted.

« Last Edit: 26. Jun 2006 at 06:07 by Admin »  
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Punjabi Munda
YaBB Newbies

I love being a
member of Amritsar
Portal!

Reply #10 - 26. Jun 2006 at 15:44

All, it has been reported in The Tribune that the London - Amritsar Jet Airways flight has been cancelled! See below:  

Amritsar-London flight cancelled  

Amritsar, June 25
In view of Jet-Sahara deal turning sour, the Amritsar-London direct flight, which was to take off on June 28, stands cancelled, with large number of tickets having been returned to travel agents.  

Jet Airways had announced its direct flight to London from here last month. — OC

View Profile   IP Logged
AmritsarTravel
YaBB Newbies

To Amritsar and
Beyond......with
Amritsar Travel

Reply #11 - 26. Jun 2006 at 19:04

Current Status on Mon 26 June.

All Jet Airways Flights London to Amritsar cancelled until 12 July.

Jet Airways still hoping to get first flight launched on 14 July so still a chance for London to Amritsar flights to continue.

Will keep people posted.

Regards

musafir
YaBB Newbies

Reply #12 - 26. Jun 2006 at 22:40

How do you know that LHR-ATQ flights will maybe start on the 14th July? after 2nd daily flight from mumbai to LHR.

I think they'll have to use a Airbus 330 or 340.

View Profile   IP Logged
gillsing
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #13 - 28. Jun 2006 at 12:38

Jet postpones flights from Amritsar to UK  

Press Trust of India  

Amritsar, June 27: THE much expected direct flight of Jet Airways from Amritsar to london, which was scheduled to take off from the International Rajasansi Airport on June 28, has been postponed indefinitely.  

The officials of the Jet Airways here, have expressed uncertainty about the new dates and also about the fresh schedule of launch.  

Earlier, the Jet Airways was expected to take off on Wednesday, from Amritsar to London. The air service was especially aimed at NRIs from the state and Jet was expected to fly daily, except on Tuesdays.  

The Rajasansi Airport had already allotted a slot to Jet Airways, which was expected to operate boeing 747 aircraft on this route, officials said.  

Commenting on the reason, a spokesperson of company, A K Shivanandan said, ‘‘We are running short of aircrafts for the operation. Earlier we were looking for Sahara, for the aircraft, but as the deal was not materilised, so it was postponed.’’  

When asked about the new dates, he expressed uncertainty over the proposed flight.  

At present, there is no direct flight to London from Rajasansi Airport, and three airlines — Uzebekistan, Air Slovakia and Turkemenistan — operate flights to London from here and passengers have to go via Arab Countries or Russia.

View Profile   IP Logged
AmritsarTravel
YaBB Newbies

To Amritsar and
Beyond......with
Amritsar Travel

Reply #14 - 28. Jun 2006 at 12:50

Just been informed that no Jet Airways London to Amritsar flights will be operating until further notice.

Regards

jaz s dhaliwal
YaBB Newbies

I love being a
member of Amritsar
Portal!

Reply #15 - 28. Jun 2006 at 21:11

Here we go same old story again, its O.K. when the punjabis scarafice there lives for India, but when it comes to any rewards, to the land of punjab,the state and its people are awared with big slap in  the face.

As the head of jet airways is of the punjab origin, I hope he will understand he has born duty, to start flying, the new A330 to Amritsar ASAP, in order to make life a bit more easy for his fellow Punjabi brothers/sister etc.

How about lobbying the likes of BA And Virgin,I am sure they have more than enough aircrafts, which they can use on this route.

View Profile   IP Logged
AmritsarTravel
YaBB Newbies

To Amritsar and
Beyond......with
Amritsar Travel

Reply #16 - 05. Jul 2006 at 16:51

Jaz,

Let us not give up hope. Watch this space as I feel there will be be news soon......

Amritsar Travel

Punjabi Munda
YaBB Newbies

I love being a
member of Amritsar
Portal!

Reply #17 - 05. Jul 2006 at 23:24

According to the OAG, this flight will start operating on 21/07/06 from Terminal 4.

View Profile   IP Logged
musafir
YaBB Newbies

Reply #18 - 07. Jul 2006 at 22:27

THIS IS OFFICAL NO TURNING BACK.

Flight to London
New Delhi, July 7
Jet Airways has decided to launch Amritsar-London flight from August 4. The flight will take off from Amritsar on every Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 1.35 pm. The company also plans to launch a Delhi-Singapore flight from September 6. It also plans to launch a second Mumbai-London flight on July 10. Meanwhile, Air Sahara has also planned to start its Delhi-London flight by this month end. — TNS  

I'VE CHECKED JET AIRWAYS WEBSITE AND OAG, IT MENTIONS OF THRICE-A-WEEK SERVICE TO LHR, NOT SIXTIMES A WEEK, BUT THERES  NO MENTION OF AIRCRAFT USED. KEEP TUNING IN TO LATEST.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

View Profile   IP Logged
jaz s dhaliwal
YaBB Newbies

I love being a
member of Amritsar
Portal!

Reply #19 - 07. Jul 2006 at 22:53

Belive it, if it happens?

On the other hand if it does take place It will be great news for every punjabi NRI.

View Profile   IP Logged
AmritsarTravel
YaBB Newbies

To Amritsar and
Beyond......with
Amritsar Travel

Reply #20 - 10. Jul 2006 at 21:02

Jet Airways starting 3 flights a week London to Amritsar from 04 August.

There is a flight every Friday, Saturday and Sunday

LONDON HEATHROW TO AMRITSAR Flight: 9W123,  Dep 2235      Arr: 1135      Next Day,

AMRITSAR TO LONDON HEATHROW  Flight: 9W124,  Dep 1455      Arr: 1935      Same Day.

Regards

bsjutley
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #21 - 13. Jul 2006 at 13:32

Jet Air is back and ready to fly from 4th AUG 2006. But only Fridays , Saturdays and Sundays. If anybodyelse has any information Please let us know.  THANKS.

View Profile   IP Logged
Davinder Singh
YaBB Newbies

I love being a
member of Amritsar
Portal!

Reply #22 - 27. Jul 2006 at 08:16

Does anybody know  when they will fly 6 times a week as originally announced?

Jet Airways announces direct Amritsar-London Service effective August 04, 2006  
 26 Jul 2006  

Chandigarh, July 26: Jet Airways, India’s premier airline, is pleased to announce the launch of its new international flight linking Amritsar in Punjab with London, UK, making it the first Indian carrier to provide a direct service between the Golden City of India and the United Kingdom.  

The thrice a week service will be operated with a brand new leased Airbus A330-200 aircraft on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays effective August 4, 2006. Flight 9W 124 will depart from Amritsar at 1425 hrs and reach London Heathrow at 1905 hrs (Local Time) the same day. The return flight 9W 123 will depart from London Heathrow at 2235 hrs (Local Time) and arrive Amritsar at 1135 hrs, the next day.  

This direct service to London, UK will be the fourth non-stop flight operated by Jet Airways from India to London Heathrow. The airline already operates two daily flights between Mumbai and London and one daily flight between Delhi and London.  

As part of its inaugural offer, Jet Airways is introducing a special Companion Free Offer in the Premiere Class. This offer is valid from July 21, 2006 until August 31, 2006 and outbound travel must commence on/before August 31, 2006. Both fare paid and companion passenger must travel together for the outbound sector.  

For travel in the economy class, Jet Airways is also offering special fares ranging from Rs 17,000 to Rs 25,000 (excluding taxes) until August 15, 2006. To avail this offer, outbound travel must commence between August 4, 2006 and September 30, 2006, subject to certain terms and conditions.  

Jet Airways will operate the London-Amritsar flight with a state-of-the-art Airbus A330-200 aircraft, which boasts the quietest cabins in the sky and can carry 226 passengers. The 30 seats in Premiere class offer its passengers an aisle or window seat and the opportunity to experience the world’s best 1800 flat bed seats.  

The 196 seats in the economy class have passengers seated eight across ensuring that no passenger is ever more than one seat away from an aisle. In addition the A330-200 aircraft benefits from the Rolls Royce Trent 772 B engines, which deliver, improved fuel efficiency and sets satisfactory futures noise and emission standards.  

The aircraft’s InFlight Entertainment (IFE) systems and content onboard the A330-200 aircraft will offer 3 Punjabi movies, one Punjabi sitcom and a compilation of Punjabi Music Videos. Every seat has an individual state-of-the-art entertainment system with special facilities such as Digital Audio and Video on demand. High-resolution arm LCD screens for sharper, brighter images are available in Premiere class and seatback LCD screens in Economy class.  

The Inflight entertainment system of Jet Airways also offers iXplorTM, the Inflight Tracking System. A moving map lets passengers track the flight’s progress and explore the world right from their seat.  

Passengers will also experience a choice of gourmet in-flight cuisine Authentic Indian cuisine served on board will be catered by famed London restaurant, “The Bombay Brasserie”. This cuisine is available on all Jet Airways flights from London to Amritsar, Mumbai and Delhi.  

The aircraft will be equipped with the Less Paper Cockpit, (LPC) and Jet Airways is the first operator in India to be approved to use this LPC concept.  

About Jet Airways (India) Ltd:  
Jet Airways currently operates a fleet of 43 classic and next generation Boeing 737-400/700/800/900 aircraft, 3 Airbus A340-300E aircraft, 1 Airbus A330-200 and 8 modern ATR 72-500 turboprop aircraft. With an average age of 5.1 years, the airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world. Jet Airways’ operates over 320 flights daily to 48 destinations that span the length and breadth of India and beyond including London Heathrow in U.K., Singapore, Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia, Colombo in Sri Lanka, and Kathmandu in Nepal.  

JET AIRWAYS PUBLIC RELATIONS  
NEW DELHI, MUMBAI  
JULY 13, 2006  

View Profile   IP Logged
Harpreet
YaBB Newbies

Guru Fateh

Reply #23 - 31. Jul 2006 at 15:40

Jaz!!!

Punjabi's are doing so much for India!!!! Any relevance here with Jet Airways. It is a pvt airlines owned by a Punjabi (from Patiala). Govt. of India is not involved and rather gave permission for Jet to fly to any foreign destination.

1. They were refused to enter US airspace!! As they were linked with Underworld. I hope you won't say Punjabi's are doing so much for US and now US is not allowing JET to enter its airspace.

2. Deal between Sahara and Jet was cancelled so Jet will take some more time to spare an aircraft for this route.

3. Business man is not a Punjabi or a Gujrati .. they act on their profits. They are not bothered about you or any other customer.

Cheers

An Indian
Email View Profile WWW georgianpreet   IP Logged
Patara Kuri
YaBB Newbies

I love being a
member of Amritsar
Portal!

Reply #24 - 04. Aug 2006 at 11:56

Well what can I say, the long awaited direct flight to Amitsar launches by Jet Air today!!  As a frequent traveller to Amritsar, previously using the Turk and Uzbek flights, i cannot wait to read the feedback about this direct flight!!  Hoping the feedback is good and the flight is a success it will be a relief to never see the rude, arrogant, non understanding cabin crew of previously used airlines to Amritsar.  After checking arrivals info recently I can see that the flight has departed from Amritsar and is scheduled to land on time, so hopefully the flight departing LHR 2nite should be on time.   Good luck to all those people using Jet Air today and please let us have some feedback when you return.[color=#ff0099] Grin

View Profile   IP Logged
Davinder Singh
YaBB Newbies

I love being a
member of Amritsar
Portal!

Reply #25 - 06. Aug 2006 at 10:05

Jet Airways launches direct Amritsar-London Service  
 04 Aug 2006  

Amritsar, August 4, 2006: Jet Airways, India’s premier airline, today launched its new international flight linking Amritsar in Punjab with London, UK, making it the first Indian carrier to provide a direct service between the Golden City of India and the United Kingdom.  

The Honourable Chief Minister of Punjab, Capt Amarinder Singh, flagged off the Airbus A330-200 inaugural flight at the Raja Sansi International Airport, Amritsar, where a host of senior government officials, representatives of the travel and tourism trade were present on the occasion.  

The Chief Minister said that the launching of this direct flight would facilitate connectivity for the people of Punjab. He hoped that Jet Airways would soon convert this flight into a daily service which would also help boost tourism also. The Honourable Chief Minister also expressed happiness that the inaugural flight took off with a full complement of passengers.  

The Chief Operating Officer of Jet Airways Mr. Dale Moss said with the launch of this new service, Jet Airways has been able to fulfill a long standing requirement of the state of Punjab for a direct service to London Heathrow.  

Earlier, the holy priests (Granthis) performed the “Ardas” shortly after the Airbus A330-200 aircraft arrived from Delhi. The Chief Minister cut a ribbon and was taken aboard the aircraft.  

The thrice a week service is being operated with a brand new leased Airbus A330-200 aircraft on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Flight 9W 124 will depart from Amritsar at 14:25 hrs and reach London Heathrow at 19:05 hrs (Local Time) the same day. The return flight 9W 123 will depart from London Heathrow at 2235 hrs (Local Time) and arrive Amritsar at 1135 hrs, the next day.  

This direct service to London, UK will be the fourth non-stop flight operated by Jet Airways from India to London Heathrow. The airline already operates two daily flights between Mumbai and London and one daily flight between Delhi and London.  

As part of its inaugural offer, Jet Airways is introducing a special Companion Free Offer in the Premiere Class. This offer is valid from July 21, 2006 until August 31, 2006 and outbound travel must commence on/before August 31, 2006. Both fare paid and companion passenger must travel together for the outbound sector.  

For travel in the economy class, Jet Airways is also offering special fares ranging from Rs 17,000 to Rs 25,000 (excluding taxes) until August 15, 2006. To avail this offer, outbound travel must commence between August 4, 2006 and September 30, 2006, subject to certain terms and conditions.  

Jet Airways will operate the London-Amritsar flight with a state-of-the-art Airbus A330-200 aircraft which boasts the quietest cabins in the sky and can carry 226 passengers. The 30 seats in Premiere class offer its passengers an aisle or window seat and the opportunity to experience the world’s best 1800 flat bed seats.  

The 196 seats in the economy class have passengers seated eight across ensuring that no passenger is ever more than one seat away from an aisle. In addition the A330-200 aircraft benefits from the Rolls Royce Trent 772 B engines, which deliver, improved fuel efficiency and sets satisfactory futures noise and emission standards.  

The aircraft’s InFlight Entertainment (IFE) systems and content onboard the A330-200 aircraft will offer 3 Punjabi movies, one Punjabi sitcom and a compilation of Punjabi Music Videos. Every seat has an individual state-of-the art entertainment system with special facilities such as Digital Audio and Video on demand. High-resolution arm LCD screens for sharper, brighter images are available in Premiere class and seatback LCD screens in Economy class.  

The InFlight entertainment system of Jet Airways also offers iXplorTM, the Inflight Tracking System. A moving map lets passengers track the flight’s progress and explore the world right from their seat.  

Passengers will also experience a choice of gourmet in-flight cuisine Authentic Indian cuisine served on board will be catered by famed London restaurant, “The Bombay Brasserie”. This cuisine is available on all Jet Airways flights from London to Amritsar, Mumbai and Delhi.  

The aircraft will be equipped with the Less Paper Cockpit, (LPC) and Jet Airways is the first operator in India to be approved to use this LPC concept.  

View Profile   IP Logged
paul
YaBB Newbies

I love being a
member of Amritsar
Portal!

transaero airline
Reply #26 - 19. Aug 2006 at 22:24

Has anybody heard any news of Transaero Airline flying from Toronto to Amritsar. It's being advertised on indian radio for $1375, starting in October.

Email View Profile   IP Logged
kotewala
YaBB Newbies

I love being a
member of Amritsar
Portal!

Reply #27 - 28. Sep 2006 at 18:49

Are there any intentions for JetAirways to fly from B'ham

View Profile   IP Logged
Patara Kuri
YaBB Newbies

I love being a
member of Amritsar
Portal!

Reply #28 - 30. Sep 2006 at 15:46

Since my last response in early August i see that their has been no feed back on the Jet Air Flights?!!!!  Surely some people have returned since August?!!!   Come on people, lets hear your comments!!!!!! Roll Eyes

View Profile   IP Logged
Davinder Singh
YaBB Newbies

I love being a
member of Amritsar
Portal!

Reply #29 - 30. Sep 2006 at 17:55

From the Transaero website.

These flights must link with flights from London and Toronto at Moscow and then fly to Amritsar.

From October 3, 2006 Transaero will perform scheduled flights from Moscow to Amritsar (India) | 21.09.2006  

From October 3, 2006 Transaero will perform scheduled flights from Moscow (Domodedovo) to Amritsar (India).  

Moscow - Amritsar (Tuesday and Thursday)  
Flight Departure Arrival Flight
duration Aircraft  
UN 543 18:30 02:20 (след. день)  05:20 Boeing 767  

Amritsar - Moscow (Wednesday and Friday)  
Flight Departure Arrival Flight
duration Aircraft  
UN 544  04:20 08:30 05:40 Boeing 767  

Departure/arrival – local time.  

The following services are provided for passengers:  

Free train between Paveletsky railway station and Domodedovo airport for departures and arrivals;  
Company business lounge at Domodedovo, dedicated registration desks for business-class passengers;  
Registration at Domodedovo VIP-hall for passengers with JVIP tariff tickets.  
Free taxi service not provided.  

Ticket price – from $550* round trip. You can buy your ticket just now.  

*Airport charges excluded.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print