Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Amritsar Portal, Amritsar Flights, Hotels, and Directory Discussion
18. Dec 2017 at 16:43
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I Cared for the Chief of Police in AMRITSAR 1945 (Read 4805 times)
ROCKYONE
YaBB Newbies

I love being a
member of Amritsar
Portal!

I Cared for the Chief of Police in AMRITSAR 1945
27. Feb 2007 at 16:30

Greetings to you all.
The reason for me joining this site was to let you know about some of the tales I had direct from the Horses Mouth i,e The Commissioner for the whole of the Punjab.in th late 30-40s. His name was Stephen Eric Robinson KPM IPM. I was his carer for many years and myself and my family lived with him until he died in 2001. He wrote many documents by hand about Amritsar and his first assignment Mianwali in 1940 where he was the only European in the district.He left me great photos of the old INDIA in the 30-40s and told me many stories of the Black Market in Cloth; and why things began to go wrong with the trial of the 3 Indian officers of the so called Indian National Army.

He was a Good man and Loved India and Pakistan and went there on more than 10 times after he retired.He documented the Amrittstar troubles in 1947 and he would not help Sir Richard Attenborough in the making of the film "GHANDI due to the incorecy information that was shown by the directors of the film.  

Email View Profile   IP Logged
Admin
YaBB Administrator

Amritsar Portal

Re: I Cared for the Chief of Police in AMRITSAR 19
Reply #1 - 01. Mar 2007 at 07:42

Dear "RockyOne",

Thank you for your contributions. We would urge you to share with us your stories and the "great photos of old India" - I am sure we would all find these very interesting and it will stimulate debate and discussion.

Regards

Admin

Admin:
Gian Dhian Kichh Karam Na Jana, Sar Na Jana Teri. Sabb Tey Vada Satgur Nanak, Jin Kai Rakhi Meri
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print