Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Garhshankar (Read 12594 times)
Admin
YaBB Administrator

Amritsar Portal

Garhshankar
11. Mar 2007 at 22:48

Garshankar is a town situated in the district of Hoshiarpur, Punjab, India. It is about 5KM from Nawanshar.

www.garhshankar.com

Admin:
Gian Dhian Kichh Karam Na Jana, Sar Na Jana Teri. Sabb Tey Vada Satgur Nanak, Jin Kai Rakhi Meri
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
ballwindervirdi
YaBB Newbies

I love being a
member of Amritsar
Portal!

Re: Garhshankar
Reply #1 - 28. Jun 2007 at 12:23

Hi i m very happy by reading history about punjab  and specially about Nawanshahr.nicely presented all the facts about the area.
But there is no history of Garhshankar and its villages.like Nawanshahr.

R u going to load the history and other information about Garhshankar.I think this area is also have historical importance...

There is area BEET which is also known as block 22...A backwards area

Regards
Balwinder

View Profile   IP Logged
nsharma
YaBB Newbies

I love being a
member of Amritsar
Portal!

Reply #2 - 04. Sep 2007 at 11:03

[Glad to see about my home town on the net. The town produced MP and MLA's but all failed to develop the city. You can not reach at night , even late evening from any corner. The condition of Banga, Garhshankar is worst.  Same is the case from Nawansher, Nangal. No bus route is availabl e from Jalnadhar to Garhshankar after 4.45 P.M. people suffer very much far this. Only a distance of 18-10 kms becomes a big problem. No one took any step towards this problem.  
The town is on the way to Anand pur sahib. But sorry the town could not develop. Town has been totally ingnored by first Kamal Chowdhary, and now being ignored by Mr. Avinash Khanna. who remains busy with other town/cities. but never thought for the development of the town , although he hales from this town. Oh God Give him some sense.
 undecided undecided

Email View Profile   IP Logged
maheshks
YaBB Newbies

I love being a
member of Amritsar
Portal!

Reply #3 - 23. Sep 2007 at 04:40

My father hailed from Garhshankar. I visited this place in my childhood
a couple of time during 80s. The villages looked quite backward during
those days and absolutely no regular transport system to connect them.
Would like to know more about the current situation. The last post
of Mr N Sharma has really painted a gloomy picture.  

View Profile   IP Logged
bonney
YaBB Newbies

I love being a
member of Amritsar
Portal!

band conditions of basic things in garhshankar
Reply #4 - 01. Dec 2007 at 19:31

:'( Still Today  my home town garhshankar is in such state that one have to stand for filling up of his gas cylinder for hours in Q. There is no change in it. I used to go to nawanshar 13 yrs ago for filling up gas cylinder and stand in q from early in the morning . In 13 days gas cylinders are travelled only 12 Km. One can imagin what is the rate of progress in my home town. So sad that our representatives in Garhshakar are not able to full fill basic needs of their voters.Shame on u boss? If u can,t fullfill the basic needs of such small town how can nation expcet from you if you are again selected MLA or MP.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print