Train to Amritsar (Read 3188 times)
Paola
YaBB Newbies

I love being a
member of Amritsar
Portal!

Train to Amritsar
11. Jan 2009 at 13:56

This is for any train lovers out there.  I was impressed to find that you can book Indian RAILWAY tickets for many trains using this website :
www.irctc.co.in
So, I booked myself onto a train from MATHURA Junction to AMRITSAR Junction.  I received confirmation immediately by email and an E-ticket.  I was able to pay with a non-Indian credit card.  Many of the payment options are flakey, and this is where the whole thing can easily fall apart, BUT if you happen to have a Citibank account, then the Citibank VISA option works perfectly every time. The failure rate at the payment stage is VERY high, but don't be discouraged.  IF you find a payment method that works, the site is well worth the effort.

Incidentally, the Shub Yatra "Frequent Rail Passenger" club is a great idea but payment options are not the same as for the rail tickets and my last attempt (of about 30 !!) failed two days ago.  I have written to irctc with my complaint.  If anyone is interest I'll post the result here.  

One of the fastest trains Delhi to Amritsar takes about 7 hours (Train No 4037 - DLI PTK EXP) DEP DLI 0800 > ARR AMRITSAR JN 15:20  (same day)

ANY RAIL ENTHUSIASTS OUT THERE, feel free to ask a question.  Happy travel to Amritsar !

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print